Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please: What to buy $1600 budget

Hi all,
    I finally talked my better half into letting me get an entry level set up. I am no expert and throw myself at your wise feet and am asking for some help as to machine and grinder combo. I have read and read and read.... Based upon my budget and readings if you would kindly point me in the right combo direction Id be most appreciative of your time.

For $1600 I can get either:

Silvia and K3 Touch or Silvia and Mini Mazzer.

Which is the better coffee maker for milk based coffees (2 shots done at once, 2-3 times a day)?

Am I making any glaring omissions or missing a decent heat exchange machine narrowly?

Thanks to anyone who can lend advice.

Michael

Does it have to be new? Check out the Hardware for Sale section
    Where are you located? If you are in Sydney, you could pick up a Bezzera BZ99s and a Anfim Best grinder and have $200 left over. Sure they are second hand but they will work just as ell as a new one and you will own a HX rather than single boiler.
    Or, if you are quick, you could snaffle the Rancilio S24 + macap M4 combo. A good buy at $800.

Comment

Thanks for replying, Im in Maitland NSW. Not heard of a Bezzera or Anfirm so will have to internet search them.

Comment

Hi Michael, welcome to the forum.
        I am also a Maitland resident.
        After doing some reseach on the internet, you should consider getting an up close look and demo of some machines.
        Locally, newly added site sponser Crema Coffee Garage at Broadmeadow have a reasonable range of machines.
        http://coffeesnobs.com.au/sponsors/4...ee-garage.html

I also found the trip to Sydney is well worth the effort as you will generally find a much larger range of machines.
        Jetblack Espresso
        http://coffeesnobs.com.au/sponsors/2...-espresso.html

and Di Bartoli
        http://coffeesnobs.com.au/sponsors/2...ee-centre.html

would be the closest site sponsers (I think). I have dealt with all three for different purchases.

Good luck with your purchase.
        Mal
        Last edited by Javaphile; 25 November 2016, 08:12 AM. Reason: Fix bad link

Comment

Cheers mate, i'll pop down to Broadmeadow too. A few of the sponsors have emailed me too about silvia and mini mazzer combo price which is what Im favouring unless I see something to sway me otherwise. They seem to have consistant positive reviews.

Comment

Help please: What to buy $1600 budget

What's your usage going to be? 1-2 coffees / or a greater number more often? Lots of milk drinks ?

Have you seen Lelit with PID?

Like Brewster mentioned a trip to Jet Black or Di Bartoli. Jet Black may have some ex demo machines that will help you get more machine for your dollar.

Just a thought but if you need milky drinks *fast* you will probably get better bang for your buck from a second hand HX machine.

Comment

Cheers yeah 2 coffees at once, 3 times a day. Rarely 4 drinks I'd think if a friend or two are around.

Comment

Brewter (Mal); thank you for mention us in the post, yes Mtooler (Michael) we believe that the Rancilio Silvia and Compak K3 will do the job for your budget

Feel free come to and see us as we have these machines on display and we can discuss your needs!

Thanks Michael
                Di Bartoli Sales

Comment

Originally posted by Di_Bartoli View Post
                  Brewter (Mal); thank you for mention us in the post,
                  No worries, always happy to promote a business that has given me great service .

Comment

Forgot to mention, we also have few ex demo in great prices and just launch our Christmas sale that puts few other options within budget [emoji41]

Comment

Check the Oscar & the Eureka Mignon, great combo color match, sturdy little Grinder and an HX! All within budget...
                      http://dibartoli.com.au/christmas-es...nt-combo-sale/
                      And whatever @******_Coffee said, do your research [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee
                        As you're local, drop in to Di Bartoli and get hands on - they are a top sponsor Let us know what you end up getting.
                        Cheers ******_Coffee, hope your Sunday is bright as ours!

Comment

Thank you all, the more I research, the harder it gets to be honest, I get why people say its overwhelming. Im ok to spend low $2000s even but each time I read some info it seems there is little consensus. I have a basic gist from all the websites that the vibe is dont get a single boiler if possible. Blowed if I know what to get though. There's the Lelit Pl60T as a dual boiler around there, but it doesnt have a group head etc. will have to come to a shop when school holidays start as Im a teacher.

Comment

Hi again Michael. I've sent you a PM.
                            Cheers
                            Mal
                            Last edited by Brewster; 3 December 2016, 09:07 AM. Reason: correct name

Comment

Originally posted by mtooler View Post
                              Thank you all, the more I research, the harder it gets to be honest, I get why people say its overwhelming. Im ok to spend low $2000s even but each time I read some info it seems there is little consensus. I have a basic gist from all the websites that the vibe is dont get a single boiler if possible. Blowed if I know what to get though. There's the Lelit Pl60T as a dual boiler around there, but it doesnt have a group head etc. will have to come to a shop when school holidays start as Im a teacher.
                              No group head on the PL60T?

charlie

Comment

Working...
                              X