New machine under $1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by murray02 View Post
    Hey firstly hope I'm not hijacking this thread...should I create a new one? Well I checked out the lelit PL41TEMD today..while it looks great..I was disappointed in the size of the non commercial group! It was sitting next to the ECM casa 4. The ECM looked fantastic well made with a true commercial group. Unfortunately the machine was not hooked up for a demo.

Now I'm considering the ECM casa 4 as it's only a few hundred more but my budget will probably only stretch for a grinder under the $400 mark. Any opinions on the ECM?

PS had my first cold drip today..freaking awesome
    For sure I would 't pick the ECM If it meant I would have to really skimp on the grinder.
    That said, If you can get a deal on say a Quamar Q50 or beyond or don't mind a really good manual grinder and stil can stretch the budget for a machine like the ECM, I would consider an entry level Heat exchanger machine (Expobar Pulser/Control/Leva, NS Oscar) instead. Else for about the same money you could probably get a Bezzera Unica, which is PIDed out of the box and has a commercial E61 group head.

Comment

Originally posted by murray02 View Post
      Hey firstly hope I'm not hijacking this thread...should I create a new one? Well I checked out the lelit PL41TEMD today..while it looks great..I was disappointed in the size of the non commercial group! It was sitting next to the ECM casa 4. The ECM looked fantastic well made with a true commercial group. Unfortunately the machine was not hooked up for a demo.

Now I'm considering the ECM casa 4 as it's only a few hundred more but my budget will probably only stretch for a grinder under the $400 mark. Any opinions on the ECM?

PS had my first cold drip today..freaking awesome
      The Casa 4 is certainly a step up over the Lelit PL4 in my opinion. A great package with a Macap M2M.

If budget can stretch an HX machine is always going to be the best option.

We have had dozens of customers , particularly those that have purchased Sylvia's who are back 12 months later saying "I wish I had spent a few hundred more and got an HX machine".

Maybe an Oscar, Bezzera BZ10, Isomac Tea....all of which can be paired with a grinder like the M2M.

Feel free to contact me directly if we can help further.

Cheers

Antony

Comment

Ok today I picked up a 2nd hand lelit pl41temd with lelit pl042 mm grinder & tamper for $350...I'm going to use this for a few weeks to see how it goes. Was such a good buy & I could probably get most of my money back if I on sell it. But in the meantime I can see if a single boiler suits my needs. It's got to be better than my seaco fully auto I've been using since my em6910 died. Will keep u all posted & thanks for help advice.

Comment

Hows it working out for you?

Comment

Working...
          X