Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunbeam EM6910 internal leaking - what part is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam EM6910 internal leaking - what part is this?

Hi team,

My Sunbeam machine has developed an internal leak, and I am wondering if anyone has a suggested plan of attack. The image I have included (see link), with the red arrow pointing at the place water has started hissing out when I start an extraction. I am about to take it apart, but if anyone has suggestions on the part number I need to fix this issue, I would be very grateful for the information.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd9psro8vcwmmbk/IMG_20190308_093349995_scaled.jpg

Originally posted by jamesmc View Post
    Hi team,

My Sunbeam machine has developed an internal leak, and I am wondering if anyone has a suggested plan of attack. The image I have included (see link), with the red arrow pointing at the place water has started hissing out when I start an extraction. I am about to take it apart, but if anyone has suggestions on the part number I need to fix this issue, I would be very grateful for the information.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd9psro8vcwmmbk/IMG_20190308_093349995_scaled.jpg
    That’s the pump. I think there’s an o-ring in between those two pieces, but you may be better off replacing the whole pump as they’re not particularly expensive. It’s an Ulka EP5.

Comment

Hi jamesmc
      The two sections screw together - should be easy enough to remove just the top section and fit an "o" ring from Repco or similar.
      Probably don't need to remove the whole pump.

Here is a photo of the parts -

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brew pump.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	749699

Comment

Is the top part in the photo a opv valve ?

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice. I'm heartened to hear that it is not a major fix. I will be taking it apart soon and will report back.

Comment

Is the top part in the photo a opv valve ?
            I always thought it was but I think it is called a primer valve. It can sometimes break down and then diverts all of the pump water, resulting in almost no flow from either the group head or hot water tap.

@jamesmc

Good luck with it - look forward to hearing how you go. Just a hint - use 2 spanners to undo the top brass fitting so you don't put too much strain on on the metal pipework as it is not very strong.

Comment

I've recently pulled my em6910 out of the shed as my em7000 is acting up. After a couple of uses it started leaking all over the bench. I opened her up and lo-and-behold the same issue is occurring. Remembering that this forum post had the solution, I thought I would check it out and I realize that I never did report back how I went.

So, long story short, yes I was able to replace the washer and that 2-spanners advice was very helpful (I bought a set for this purpose). And I was able to replace just the o-ring.

Thanks so much for all the help team. I will now go see how good my memory is and try and repeat the process.

Comment

Working...
              X