Sunbeam EM7000 Steam Wand Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam EM7000 Steam Wand Adjustment

Firstly I tried to make a post title that would make anyone else searching easier to find,
    As Im trying to find info on adjustment of the steam wand, its just been serviced and you literally have to wrench the thing to turn it off, can this be adjusted and also the pressure coming from it?
    I have two of these and they have both been serviced and both act very differently, can anyone assist or point me in the right direction (I Have searched threads and yt but cant find it)

thanks!

Try post #177 and #178 on this thread:
    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...ack-4.html#177

Comment

Yes, most likely needs the stop point adjusted. Also, the o-rings on the internals of the steam valve are of poor quality and degrade fairly rapidly. This will cause a nasty non-linear and tight feeling when turning the knob, often accompanied by a groaning or squeaking noise. If yours feels smooth then there's no problem, but if it doesn't feel smooth then you should replace the o-rings. The o-rings can be purchased from RS under part no. 128-990. You get 50 so plenty for the future. They are Viton so withstand higher temperatures.
      It's also advisable to lubricate the o-rings with Molykote 111. This can be purchased from Jetblack Espresso or many outlets online, probably at most good hardware shops too.

Regarding changing the steam performance, you can adjust the pump rate and thermoblock temperature. With the machine off, press and hold the two cup button then press the power button. Once the machine turns on, a single light will be lit. If it's in the middle, it's factory default. Moving to the right, each button is +5C, to the left is -5C.
      To adjust the pump rate, with the machine off press and hold the program button and power on. Again, a light will be lit. Towards the right is +0.5s and to the left is -0.5s (i think those are the time adjustments, to the right is faster and the left slower anyway).

Most older Sunbeams will benefit from slowing the pump down and turning up the temperature. This allows the water more time in the thermoblock to fully convert to steam.

Comment

Legends! Thanks guys

Comment

For anyone playing along at home I now have a pack 50 of those o-rings and can post a few to anyone that wants them

Comment

Hello Level3ninja,
            I was reading the forum and after dismantle my steamer knob I found 2x of those small rings completely worn out and the steamer doesn’t stop when I’m doing my milk.
            I’ve been looking online for the seals and I can’t find them.
            would you be able to sell a few of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonardoe20 View Post
              I’ve been looking online for the seals and I can’t find them.
              Literally three posts above:

Originally posted by noidle22 View Post
              The o-rings can be purchased from RS under part no. 128-990.
              If L3N can't help you out, just google that part number and go to RS Components site for purchase. They're also known as BS007 viton o-rings.

Comment

Thank you noidle22 I’ve got the O rings from Level3ninja.

Comment

Originally posted by level3ninja View Post
                  For anyone playing along at home I now have a pack 50 of those o-rings and can post a few to anyone that wants them
                  Hiya, do you still have any of these? My EM7000 steam doesn't stop anymore also :/

Comment

Yep, send me a PM with your name and address

Comment

Hey level3ninja, as it seems others have before, saw your post when looking for spare o ring part no. still have spares?

Comment

Yep, send me a PM with your name and address
                        And I don't seem to be able to PM you. Presumably because every time I've come on here to ask a question I've found someone else has already asked it, so haven't actually ended up posting messages.

Comment

Hi level3ninja,

I can't PM you. Do you still have some of these that you are willing to post? I suspect that will be the fault with mine, but before I pull it apart I want to have the right part handy to repair!
                          Please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                          X