Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No steam power!

Hey everyone,
    My bazzera bz02 has developed an issue in which I get very weak steam power. It still pulls a good shot through the group, but the steam is hot but weak. It will often fizzle out into nothing. If I run some hot water through the group to empty the boiler a bit, the pump kicks in and after another minute or two the steam will come on again, but still weak.

This machine is now my backup machine so I am keen to have a play around with it to learn more about the internals. Hopefully I can get it running well again and give it to a friend to use. Any ideas as to which part/elements are causing this weak steam?

Have you removed the steam tip to see if it's clogged? Or clogged in the wand? Try running the steam without the tip

Comment

Originally posted by level3ninja View Post
      Have you removed the steam tip to see if it's clogged? Or clogged in the wand? Try running the steam without the tip
      Yeah I have given the whole stream line a good clean out. Still no luck

Comment

Could be a faulty water lvl probe. Sometimes allows more water than needed into the steam boiler which reduces the room in the boiler for steam, hence little to no steam

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3823.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	440.3 KB
ID:	750990I had a similar problem with my ECM Giotto. Had good steam pressure in the boiler, lines and wand were clear but very poor steam delivery. Replaced the steam

valve and it works like new.

I also ordered a spare steam valve and comparing that to the old one, there is some scale build up on the end of the steam valve. Might be worth while taking apart the steam valve and see if there is some build up.

Comment

Originally posted by a3hann View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]24154[/ATTACH]I had a similar problem with my ECM Giotto. Had good steam pressure in the boiler, lines and wand were clear but very poor steam delivery. Replaced the steam

valve and it works like new.

I also ordered a spare steam valve and comparing that to the old one, there is some scale build up on the end of the steam valve. Might be worth while taking apart the steam valve and see if there is some build up.
            Interesting, I'll have a look at this today

Comment

Working...
            X