Elektra Nivola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elektra Nivola

Looking for suggestions: I have a Elektra Nivola and have the parts to service the machine but I can not unscrew the screw that holds the shower filter.
    I assume it's in too tight but the bolt head part is very flat and nothing for a spanner or clamps to hold onto.
    https://ibb.co/cT7vqvT

Have you tried a Vice grip?

Comment

yes but it slips off, the head of the screw is very thin

Comment

An exact fit hex socket might be able to get sufficient grip on the bolt head.
        Would probably pay to try heating up first with a small butane torch around the group but not on the bolt, then try loosening.

Mal.
        P.S.
        Regarding a replacement for the bolt, see about obtaining a s/s countersunk 'socket head' one to replace it to avoid future problems.

Comment

Can you manually rotate the shower screen it might loosen it up.

Otherwise I would follow Mal's suggestion.

It looks like brass so it's going to be very soft .... Eek!

Cheers

Comment

it's not a standard bolt, it's a specific part

Comment

I've tried a hex socket but it's all ready been rounded and my tries have made it worse.
              it's surrounded by the shower filter so I can;t use heat

Comment

From a quick Google it's the dispersion nut. Not going to be easy to get out without damaging.

https://www.espressocare.com/assets/...ladiffuser.jpg

Might have to sacrifice the shower screen to get better access if required for penetrant.

Comment

I have a replacement

Comment

Originally posted by kymosarbi View Post
                    I have a replacement
                    Then get nasty. MIG weld a ratcheting spanner onto the bolt head. Or weld another bolt onto the bolt head and use an impact wrench to remove it.
                    Last edited by DamianS; 17 January 2020, 09:59 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

One other slightly easier thing to try is use a dremel tool to cut a deep slot in the brass head so you can then undo it with a stubby screwdriver.

Also, if you can solder, silver solder (Jaycar sell it) is much stronger than tin solder, and will join easily to brass. You could probably solder a small hex key or something to the bolt head so as to turn it, but the join will not be as strong as a weld.
                      Last edited by DamianS; 18 January 2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Get a extractor socket from eBay or Supercheap. They look to have a flatter face, so that it will bite all the way to the surface. You might be able to file fit the next size smaller extractor socket, then hammer it on.
                        Half the problem is the teeth of the socket start a few mm from the tip, so limiting the purchase you can get.

Comment

Have found sockets of the type pictured below to be quite useful for this type of duty...

Mal.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	0.25 inch Sockets.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	751332

Comment

Working...
                          X