Silvia Problem - no water pumping and pump rattling really loudly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvia Problem - no water pumping and pump rattling really loudly

Hi there, we were gifted a second-hand Silvia that I think probably could have done with a service when we received it, but it seemed to be going okay so we just went ahead and used it. I'm pretty sure it needs some new seals because the steam wand was leaking a little and the group head also ran a tiny bit when using the wand.

I was getting around to getting those fixed when suddenly at the end of making two flat whites (or as close as my approximation of that is) when I tried to pump water through the steam wand to refill the boiler and the pump suddenly started to make a really loud growling noise and no water was being pumped out. I then tried to run water through the group head too, but that wouldn't work either. I've tried to check out other threads but nobody else seems to have had quite the same problem. Does anyone have an idea what might be going wrong? I was wondering if I need to replace the pump? Many thanks in advance!

Water in tank ,silly thing but i have forgotten to top up water

Comment

Originally posted by rossross View Post
      Water in tank ,silly thing but i have forgotten to top up water
      Well. Don't I feel like a moron now. Many thanks!! I'll just be facepalming over there now...

Comment

Working...
      X