Breville BES870 - faulty steam pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breville BES870 - faulty steam pressure

Hi all - my husband and I use our BES-870 alllll the time, and we have since we got it a couple of years ago. However, recently I’ve noticed the pressure the steam wand is putting out is significantly less, and it’s sporadic-not consistent like it used to be once it really gets going. My husband can’t tell any difference, but it’s significant to me. We’ve done a couple of descalings with vinegar and then Jura tablets, removed the steam wand entirely and run a pipe cleaner through it, and run multiple cleaning cycles. It doesn’t make much of a difference. Has anyone seen this before, and does anyone have any idea what causes it? We could take it to be serviced but I honestly don’t know how we’ll live without it for a couple of weeks. I have a video if that would be helpful. I just need to find the least public place to host it. 🤪

You can upload a video to YouTube anonymously and post a link here. Have you cleaned the holes in the tip of the steam wand?

Comment

Originally posted by level3ninja View Post
      You can upload a video to YouTube anonymously and post a link here. Have you cleaned the holes in the tip of the steam wand?
      Thank you so much for the response. Yes, we definitely have cleaned that (just a single hole) multiple times as well.

Video: https://youtu.be/bYqmYddO9zE

Comment

That video is difficult to see a problem with, especially without a before and after. I don't have an 870 on the bench anymore to compare it to either. All I can think is it might be scaled up a bit still, or the element isn't performing at 100% anymore.

When you descale it are there still bits of scale floating on the water?

Comment

With the last one we did (big one - 3 half hour sessions where we were turning it on, running it, turning it off, waiting half an hour, then doing another session. 3 tablets in 2 litres of water) there were some tiny bits floating on the water after the first session, but not the ones after.

Comment

Working...
          X