Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Portafilter EM6910

Hi guys
    I was just wondering if anyone knew if you can replace the handles on the Sunbeam EM6910 portafilters? I’m really interested in getting a wooden handle but don’t know where to start in getting it fitted.
    Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers pommybarista

The handle part unscrews from the head. The handle has a standard M10*1.5mm male thread. Try googling "Wilcox Coffee Parts"

Comment

Thanks level3ninja. I thought it might unscrew but didn’t wanna break it without getting proper confirmation. I will check out Wilcox coffee parts. Will post some photos once I’ve got the handle
      Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by pommybarista View Post
        Thanks level3ninja. I thought it might unscrew but didn’t wanna break it without getting proper confirmation. I will check out Wilcox coffee parts. Will post some photos once I’ve got the handle
        Thanks again
        There’s a little bit of adhesive/loctite usually so you may need a bit of force to get it to turn initially. Once you’ve done so it come out easily and is readily replaceable. You may find the thread on some replacement handles is a bit too long so be prepared to cut up to 5mm off the end to get it to fit properly, but otherwise any standard M10 threaded handle works.

Comment

I’ve got it off Thanks everyone for your advice. It’s not wrong that this forum is the best for help, advice and just general information. I am going to see someone tomorrow who makes custom pieces so I’ll keep you updated and post some photos
          Thanks again

Comment

Hi guys
            Have got my new portafilter handle from Dan, at the amazing Specht Design Once I am allowed to post images to CS I will be sure to show everyone
            Cheers

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-07aa545b40b75244bd7f82416d357c59-V.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	753406
              I made this one myself, at a friend's lathe.
              I used a stainless cuphead bolt and polished the cuphead. It's long enough to go the whole way through the wood. The bolt was maybe $6. The wood was a bit of wandoo branch from a tree chopped down at gf place.

Guy here at work just cut down peppercorn tree. I think they have nice wood, but it's all gone to tip now

Comment

That’s awesome Jackster. Not bad for $6 I must admit. I wanted the same timber to match my Pullman tamp so I needed to go to a professional. Plus Dan’s skills are world rebound and obviously his finished product is way beyond what I could do. I’m going to get him to do a lid for my Eureka Silenzio grinder too ��

Comment

Here are the photos of the new handle:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice job of that ^

Comment

I had no idea the handle could be twisted off and modded. Looks fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by pommybarista View Post
                        Here are the photos of the new handle:
                        Awesome! What basket is that? Keen to upgrade my standard Sunbeam ones.

Comment

Working...
                        X