Used Rancilio Silvia advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Rancilio Silvia advice

Hello fellow snobbers, I’ve been using these forums for a few months now and have got some invaluable info but this is my first post. So firstly, thank you !
    I’m just starting out on my journey and have come across a v1 Silvia with a PID that is not working (says it is not pressurising properly). I’m think I can get it for around $150 and am hoping I can get it working
    I do like fixing things and have recently swapped out a solenoid from a Breville Infuser and then replaced a thermal fuse and the O-Rings on the steam boiler off a breville dual boiler
    is 150 a good price and could I get it working for a reasonable amount ? From what I’ve read they are relatively simple to work on
    any advice would be greatly appreciated

You'll probably have to replace the whole boiler unit. You're looking at a couple of hundred bucks in parts. If that's all that's wrong with it could be a good little unit. Is the PID single or dual setpoint? What brand is the PID?

Comment

It’s an Auber PID but not sure if it’s single or dual set point.
      in your opinion would it be worth it if I had to change out the whole boiler unit?

Comment

Originally posted by Fil View Post
        It’s an Auber PID but not sure if it’s single or dual set point.
        in your opinion would it be worth it if I had to change out the whole boiler unit?
        Yes, I think so.

Comment

Ok thanks for the quick replies
          Where is the best place to get parts ?

Comment

Also, would it be better than my breville bes920?

Comment

https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/...ia-boiler-kit/

Other than being smaller it'll probably be less convenient in most ways. Should produce equally as good coffee though.

Comment

So I’m better off keeping the dual boiler ?
                Why would it be less convenient?
                Apologies for all the questions ; I’m trying to learn as much as possible

Comment

The Silvia had the ability to let you turn shots on and off.
                  The dual boiler had that plus timed shots, volumetric shots, scheduled power on, separate boilers for brewing and streaming simultaneously, shot timer, descale function and easy access ports... Should I keep going?

The thing the Silvia has over the DB is longevity.

Comment

I get what you mean
                    thanks fir clearing that up

Comment

Working...
                    X