Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EM7000/7100 or Lelit Anna PID (PL41TEMD)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM7000/7100 or Lelit Anna PID (PL41TEMD)?

Currently using Sunbeam EM4300 w/ Encore (I upgraded it with an M2 cone burr), capable of making drinkable shots so far. I know what you are about to say, so I ordered a Macap M2M today and hopefully I can get better shots. I am happy to sell my used Encore (just bought in Feb 2020 from AB) if anyone so-happened is interested in.

And now I am planning to upgrade my espresso machine. Firstly and honestly, I prefer Lelit a bit more as it is a durable boiler machine after all. But the Lelit Anna doesn't have a pre-infusion function. I am not really skilled in espresso-making, so I do worry a little about the absence of pre-infusion – to what extent does it matter? The discussions online seem conflicting, and even confusing to me.

And for the EM7000, should I expect it to last for 3 years with due care? I see a lot of parts available online for self-repair, but I'd prefer not have to... I also see this machine is quite positively regarded here, but how would it compare to the Lelit?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Don’t let the absence of preinfusion deter you. It’s most definitely not a requirement and, as you’ve read, is very subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyhakins View Post
      Don’t let the absence of preinfusion deter you. It’s most definitely not a requirement and, as you’ve read, is very subjective.
      Thanks, mate. Have decided to go for a Rancilio Silvia V6 as I was quite impressed with the new black finish and the IMS filter baskets that come along!

Comment

How's your Silvia treating you? I'm in the market for one and keen to hear some feedback from a first time purchaser - much like I hope to be soon!

Comment

Working...
        X