Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations

Hello,

just diving into this hobby, being buying 1-2 coffees a day for the last 10 years, so why not make my own.

got a breville touch out of Costco and it’s 80-90% as good as the coffee I normally drink.

now, should I stick with the touch? Or return it and get something else? Another consideration is that I would like something simple for when the wife makes her own, but gives me the flexibility to change things if I so wish.

thoughts?

Stick with the Breville Touch, feed it good coffee and enjoy the results!

Comment

Hi Rami, & welcome to CS's.
      With a bit a practice, freshly roasted beans and consistency, there is no reason why you won't be getting excellent results from that machine.
      Years ago, I had the first version of the Breville Dual Boiler (BES900) paired with a Breville Smart Grinder and that combination (using my freshly roasted beans ) produced equal or better than "cafe quality".
      Enjoy
      Mal

Comment

Originally posted by Brewster View Post
        Hi Rami, & welcome to CS's.
        With a bit a practice, freshly roasted beans and consistency, there is no reason why you won't be getting excellent results from that machine.
        Years ago, I had the first version of the Breville Dual Boiler (BES900) paired with a Breville Smart Grinder and that combination (using my freshly roasted beans ) produced equal or better than "cafe quality".
        Enjoy
        Mal
        Should I replace the touch with the dual boiler or the oracle?
        it got some very good reviews.

that’s my thinking at the moment. Would the dual boiler be easy to set up for the wife to pull her own coffee or no?

Comment

Agree with Andy...
          Stick with the Touch, make sure your basics are right and you'll be enjoying great coffee.

Mal.

Comment

What they said
            Mal

Comment

Ok.

queue some naked portafilters then. Apparently they are a bit harder to get than standard

Comment

Working...
              X