Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EM6910 good water passes but not when there is coffee in handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM6910 good water passes but not when there is coffee in handle?

Em6910 from a mate,It was quite dirty with build ups so gave it a quick clean, but no backwash at this stage. Cleaned the shower screens and the valve [blue tip] behind the screens, that was all good it has great steam and hot water, no water leaking anywhere, ran some vinegar through it. With the group head in, the seal feels quite good and water comes through everything, every which way.
    BUT with a shot of coffee in group handle, even changed group handles from my machine, NO water/coffee comes through but the water is redirected to the tray. It seems as if there is a pressure issue with coffee in but not with coffee out?
    Would anyone have a clue what is the next step.
    I am doing a back wash now with last of my SB tablets, I have Cafetto on the way and will do a more thorough clean when that arrives. Thanks any advice would be appreciated.

Well there has been a development, i tried to descale again but this time took the calc filter out and started the process which finished 3 seconds later in a big bang and lots of smoke and safety switch triggered.

Comment

• ANewbie
      ANewbie commented
      Editing a comment
      That doesn’t sound good

this little bugger let go, no water around it, definitely a short of some kind. can someone tell me if this solenoid if or when replaced would be the reason that no water was going through the head under brewing pressure and going straight to the tray. Are these solenoids easily and cheaply bought and replaced? thanks again
    Attached Files

Comment

Anyone have any tips or advice on a reliable place to buy one of these solenoids? Anyone have one lying around gathering dust?

Comment

Originally posted by roscored1000 View Post
        Anyone have any tips or advice on a reliable place to buy one of these solenoids? Anyone have one lying around gathering dust?
        There may be a site sponsor selling parts for 6910s but I’m not sure. Suggest contacting/searching on their websites. I used to get my 6910 parts from Ellis Electrical.

Comment

• Andy
          Andy commented
          Editing a comment
          Or use the "Quote Form" (top and bottom of every page here) that gets sent to all the site sponsors. If someone can help they will reply direct to you.

Ebay has one for $68 otherwise Big Warehouse spares or Ellis as mentioned above.

Comment

thanks guys/folks I have discovered there is a big price difference between places, so may have to resort to ebay. I will have to get one some where soon. I heard that there was a non genuine part that was more reliable but dont anything more. thanks for responding. They are more expensive than the machine is worth

Comment

I can pull the solenoid out of my junk machine however there is no guarantees it'll work. The machine was not pumping water through the grouphead before I retired it.

Comment

Thanks tez1 I managed to get a solenoid, actually a whole machine for parts so found a good solenoid, fingers crossed. has anyone you know ever repaired a pressure gauge by cutting the old tub off the offending end and resoldered it? I managed to crimp mine and have thought about repairing it, either by straightening it and supporting it with some extra soldder in case it has split or cutting off and plugging fresh end of it into nipple and resoldering it.

Comment

Those tubes are so fine I'd be impressed if you could soldering without blocking it

Comment

me too! But I am assuming it is a case more of cleaning up the hole and then just pushing the pipe into it and then soldering around it. I dont intend to join a pipe just take one out and put one in. the photo shows my spare gauge which i would put in but the big nut and bolt under the gauge is damaged so wont come out. As you can see from the photo it might be straight forward to cut remove resolder in new one section. Fingers crossed.
                  Attached Files

Comment

well it took a few minutes to desolder and clean hole and resolder but it works if i blow air through with bike pump the gauge moves. Not great soldering up close but for the cost,0, it is fine as a spare spare.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X