Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget setup review needed

Hi everyone
    Still thinking of getting my proper coffee setup to graduate from pods =)
    Have someone local selling Gaggia Classic (2018 model with no upgrades) and Dedica grinder for $300.
    Is this an ok setup? What is the minimal grinder one should go for (brand/model)?
    I was actually thinking to maybe just use my local roaster (5min away from home) and get them to grind the coffee for me. They probably can help with dialing the grind in as well, so that I just have to come in and buy a bag of freshly ground coffee to the size I need? I understand that freshly ground just before is best, just overwhelming all this things, especially if I have to teach my wife how to use it to make me coffee =) I would probably got for automatic machine if they were not too expensive, but I don't want to spend $300 on like 8yo coffee machine with no history and not knowing when one would die.
    We only drink milky coffee (cream + water actually) and crema gives us enough froth (at least what we get from a pod coffee)

Sounds like a great price for the set. I would be jumping on it.
    You can always upgrade the grinder later.
    Muck about with this setup and you will get a feel for what you will be looking for in a grinder later on.

Comment

Originally posted by lastlineofdefence View Post
      Sounds like a great price for the set. I would be jumping on it.
      You can always upgrade the grinder later.
      Muck about with this setup and you will get a feel for what you will be looking for in a grinder later on.
      its gone =(

Comment

It is mostly all down to the operator. A low end entry machine, like the old Breville
        Bar Vista will do a very acceptable job with a single walled filter, not as good as an EM 6910, or 7000, but still way better than pods, or worse, instant.

It takes time and practice, so what every you do buy, read up, watch videos, and practice, practice, practice.
        And remember to get a good grinder. I use an EM480, not the best around, but bang for buck, in good condition, a very acceptable combo with the 7000 or 6910.

All bought used.

Comment

Working...
        X