Rancilio Silva brewhead pressure tester and also a q on fast water flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancilio Silva brewhead pressure tester and also a q on fast water flow

Idea 1/ I recently overhauled the trusty v1 Rancilio silvia and i noticed a M6 hex bolt just sitting in the grouphead on the topside and it lead me to believe i could run a valve out if it to a pressure gauge, has anyone done this before to any success or is it a waste of time? I was very curious about what that bolt actually does and why it is there in the first instance.

Part 2/ i also noticed that the flow rate on the dispense is rather fast, I tried to losen up the OPV to some success, but i still manage to do a 60ml shot in about 18 seconds or so, is this correct, i seem to see people dispense about 30 seconds on youtube, if so what can i do to fix this issue? the reason why idea 1 come to pass is because i have no pressure tester at this stage.

idea 2/ I want to build some sort of pressure tester if idea 1 is a fail (i know i can buy one from the local coffee shop but that is too easy right) so has anyone had any success making a pressure gauge, being an aussie are there any good shops to buy a good cheap gauge, do they need to be waterproof or will any gauge do it, ie a modded air gauge will it do the trick?

If anyone has any links i may have missed being new or some images to share or even suppliers for parts Id love the date, many thanks and its good to be on a forum that is local.

Cheers Jenk

also i forgot to add, using a VST18gr basket in a naked portafilter and channeling is very minimal (which is great) and try to operate at about 25-30 mins after heating up the machine with the temp surfing for optimum performance.

Comment

Originally posted by jenk View Post
      so has anyone had any success making a pressure gauge
      Gregpullman has made one that he loans out. There are some pics of his build in this thread https://coffeesnobs.com.au/forum/equ...oad#post871221

Comment

i shall reach out and talk to him cheers barlo

Comment

update, part 2 is solved, i cleaned my grinder out (first time in a while, silly me) and re-calibrated it, so back to brewhead pressure gauge, any ideas forum?

Comment

Get the one in the linked thread

Comment

I mamaged to make a "garage-covid" project LV3Ninja

Comment

Working...
              X