Micro E61 Puristika

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro E61 Puristika

I've been following the ECM Puristika a while. I'm really atracted to the minimalist Espresso idea.

Imagine a super compact, simple, PID controled, E61 + flow control Espresso focused machine. Low cost, tiny footprint, low maintenance and all that.

No steam, just Espresso...

Not sure what the market is like, and you do get the quickmill corola which does a lot of this.

https://youtu.be/s7FoILZSLpo
    Attached Files

Also I acknowledge there is some irony in minimalist coffee idea when owning an LMLM.

Comment

I think pricing will be a big determinant of whether it's a success or not. Decent sort of owns the espresso purist market with their machines, but they are also not cheap. If they could come in under Decent's prices then they might have a chance at being popular. You could even have it as a seperate 'espresso bar' at home. The grainy photos give it a hipster look, maybe that's the appeal they're going for? If I were an espresso only guy I reckon I'd be looking at a flair or lever machine though.

Comment

• amberale
        amberale commented
        Editing a comment
        I call bullshit.
        Decent owns the Geek, I don’t have a life so I stuff around with espresso market.
        IMNSHO.

It's almost identical to a Classika PID without the steam arm. I can't seeing it being a mainstream product.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyhakins View Post
        I think pricing will be a big determinant of whether it's a success or not. Decent sort of owns the espresso purist market with their machines, but they are also not cheap. If they could come in under Decent's prices then they might have a chance at being popular. You could even have it as a seperate 'espresso bar' at home. The grainy photos give it a hipster look, maybe that's the appeal they're going for? If I were an espresso only guy I reckon I'd be looking at a flair or lever machine though.
        All of your points are so spot, I'm a bit turned off of this now.

Robot, Flair​​Flair 58, Odyssey Espresso, older levers all could probably produce similar and wider variety shots.

I can maybe imagine having one in my office at work as it's marginally less effort workflow wise. But dammit I'll never go back to an office. Even then, something Lever would be my choice.

Comment

Thanks for posting about this machine. It would suit my needs. I see price in European store at 1049 Euros.

Comment

• robertmc
            robertmc commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually My wife vetoed this as thinks the tubes are unsightly

I think they are on to something. Small footprint, ECM quality, PID, no steamer for espesso tragics (like me). A niche market for sure, but very few direct competitors at that size and quality.

Comment

Why wouldn't someone go for an e61 pid single boiler machine instead? I don't really understand why they are taking functions away. It's hard for this to compete with lever machines like the flair 58 or even a pid single boiler like a vbm. The so called pressure profiling doesn't look as sophisticated as what's being done with needle valves or dimmer switches either.
            ​​

Comment

A new vid if you want to see it in the flesh. Its in german but you can still make out what he means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIMy...=TheEspressoTV

Comment

In the UK forum someone suggested they are holding off a launch until next year. Who knows. Personally I love the look of it.

Must not buy. Must not buy. Must ... not ... buy.

Might not buy. Might not buy. Might not buy.

Damn it ... no point in making a hasty decision, right?

May as well see the price maybe?

No harm in waiting...

Comment

Working...
                X