Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do while waiting for your big boilers to warm up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do while waiting for your big boilers to warm up?

I am curious about single group commercial machines with reasonably big boilers (say 4L and up). I heard its best to wait 30 minutes to an hour before pulling the first shot. What do people do while waiting for your coffee in the morning? Do you:

1) Have your machine on a timer so its ready when you wake up.

2) Leave it on all night.

3) Turn it on when you wake up and do other stuff while waiting?

4) Other (Please state for my enlightenment

Re: What do you do while waiting for your big boilers to warm up?

Mr Sheen the beans

G.

Comment

Mine doesnt take quite that long (I usually leave mine about 20-30 mins) and I just get up, stumble out to the machine, turn it on, feed dog, feed myself, evacuate bowels, shower, shave, spray myself with scent, cover my shame, make coffee.

Comment

i do a 3 and a Richard M ^^^

i once i hear it turn off the pressure stat 1st time (if i am nearby) i run a bit of water through it to "speed" up the heating and crack the steam wand etc.

put the group handle in the machine when you turn it on

Comment

Thanks. So it seems like if I cheat I wont have to wait too long. I cant have breakfast until I have my first coffee. :-[

May I ask, how big are your boilers?

Comment

Its not the size of the boiler that is the issue--its the rest of the machine, including all the brass bits, that have to come up to temperature.

I have (until tomorrow!) a 3 litre Diadema and the boiler is up to temperature in 3-5 minutes. The E61 head and associated wont produce the best coffee for at least another half hour.

I stumble out into the kitchen and turn on the machine. Then exercise, shave, shower, have my vitamins and breakfast and finish with a beautiful ristretto before I leave for work.

Greg

Comment

Working...
            X