gaggia cubika worth 250 bucks???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gaggia cubika worth 250 bucks???

Hi guys, I saw this machine reduced to this price from 350 at harris Scarff and wondered whether it would be worth my while getting it. The saeco inacnto I have leaves me nothing to experiment with as far as grind and tamping and what not. I cant afford miss silvia. Is this gunna do the trick? THe PF handle is alloy and not too heavy but very wide. It says its 15 bars of pressure - does that mean its a thermpump?
    So - what do you reckon? :-X

Re: gaggia cubika worth 250 bucks???

Originally posted by rayzurhed link=1143431809/0#0 date=1143431808
    Hi guys, I saw this machine reduced to this price from 350 at harris Scarff and wondered whether it would be worth my while getting it. The saeco inacnto I have leaves me nothing to experiment with as far as grind and tamping and what not. I cant afford miss silvia. Is this gunna do the trick? THe PF handle is alloy and not too heavy but very wide. It says its 15 bars of pressure - does that mean its a thermpump?
    So - what do you reckon? :-X
    As per usual, its a case of you gets what you pays for....At least it has a boiler though I suspect it may be aluminium- be careful with water to avoid corrosion/scale. Non standard pf means its hard to play with basket size etc. As an entry level machine, when on a budget- I suppose so. Have a look on CG- there are lots of reviews of it....

2mcm

Comment

I thought most Gaggias had an aluminium boiler, but could be wrong. Why dont you space bank that $250 towards a Silvia, then you only have $500 or so left to save! Yeah I know - easier said than done

Comment

Ummm,

Theres one for sale here http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1143288132 a lot cheaper than that ,

Mal.

Comment

Thanks guys. CG was a good source of info.
          I checked out the silvia for sale here and
          havent got the dosh as yet.
          Maybe I will hold off- keep learning- and dream a bit.
          Actually dreams make good espresso.

Comment

Is it worth it? If youre not satisfied with your present machine, chances are you wont be satisfied with this low-end Gaggia with the lightweight aluminium portafilter and corrosion-prone aluminium boiler either.
            Sorry, but I must add my voice to the chorus of save up for something better like a Silvia.

Robusto

Comment

wow, that mystery post linked above has gone AWOL.... or am I on the outer now?

"
              An Error Has Occurred!

You are not allowed to access this section.
              "

Comment

Originally posted by poundy link=1143431809/0#6 date=1143508807
                wow, that mystery post linked above has gone AWOL.... or am I on the outer now?

"
                An Error Has Occurred!

You are not allowed to access this section.
                "

It looks like the linked post has been removed by a mod/admin under the new For Sale posting rules.

Java "Which way did it go, which way did it go." phile
                Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Working...
                X