Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CoffeeSnob Kettle?  I think I found one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoffeeSnob Kettle?  I think I found one!

So you have pointy-end espresso machine, a top of the line grinder and you can roast your own beans but what about if you want to make a cup of tea or plunger coffee?

Surely you wouldn’t rely on the output of a Kambrook kettle to be accurate enough for a CoffeeSnob!

Last weekend our Braun kettle died. It has served us well for a number of years and all good things come to an end. So I went out and had a look at for a replacement.

Found this beauty at "The Good Guys" chain in Geelong. Its cordless (most are now) Shark Sensor-Temp with a variable thermostat on the base.

Too cool.

No longer do I have to judge the temperature to flick the switch off when Im making plunger coffee... 90C with a twist of the knob. Green tea at a ready to drink temperature? Not a problem with this little beastie!

This brushed stainless kettle came with a 2 year warranty and cost a whole $55

Great value and I recommend having a look if you are in the market for a new hot water maker.

Errr... before someone asks, no I didnt shove a thermocouple in it to check the honesty of the LED numbers... instead I used the "burnies oww oww" indicator on the front of my face ;D ;D ;D

http://proof.acclipseweb.co.nz/proof/ssm/index.cfm/shark_nz/kitchen/sensor_temp_kettle.html

Re: CoffeeSnob Kettle?  I think I found one!

Sounds like a perfect pot for cuppings.

Java "Gotta love a good toy" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

... you mean that I can have the fun of dialling in my plunger like I would a Synesso?!

Comment

Gday Andie,
        Thanks for this, I put a post up earlier asking about just the same idea. The better half will be much impressed

Tominoz

Comment

Working...
        X