Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presso

Hello all,

Does anyone know much about the Presso? Ive read a few reviews, but just wondering if anyone had had any first hand experience.

Ben

Re: Presso

Well I guess the site sponsor "Presso" might have some experience!?

Comment

I have one that I thought Id use when travelling/camping but its just a little too heavy comparing with a moka pot or a frech press.

It takes a bit of work trying to heat up all the parts, and not muh temperature control while brewing. Ive definitely being having trouble to doing great coffee from it. The final cup has always been leading towards the sour side.

I havent done any mods to it yet, but apparently it improves a lot after mod...

Comment

MMMmmm,

Id love to say something about the PRESSO!

I think we should let an impartial examiner deliver an unbiased review.
        This site is too beautiful to clutter with blatant self promotion.
        Andy, can you think of a Coffee Snob that could do the job when he gets back from NZ? ;D ;D

But seriously BennyC, do a web search, its only been around a short time. There are a couple of well respected afficionados who have posted reviews on Coffeegeek.com.

Cheers,

Comment

Oh.. Dont get me wrong. Im not saying coffee are bad from a presso.
          It does a fine cup of coffee, especially for its design.

I was kind of making a bias comparison to coffee made by a presso and an espresso machine. For one, I do think you get a better cup than a moka pot.

Comment

I watched the video on the site- I think all the basic physics and chemistry must still apply-
            you would have to play with the pressure- which from a related site is supposed to be about 7-8 bars on the presso (slightly but not too, too low)
            and then there is the temperature- again a bit of experimentation would have to apply- what temp out of jug and theres the fact that the water cylinder appears to be some sort of acrylic, so not a great insulator.

So, my theory goes, if you used maximum pressure, warmed the water cyclinder, got the jug water a little off boil (just a little to account for a drop in the cylinder) and got the right grind...

Anyway, its as cute as a button and if you remember some of the bad cups weve all made on lovely machines (and horrors we still get in cafes) it may well be an alternative in some situations

heres hoping
            Brett

Comment

Originally posted by Presso link=1155787605/0#3 date=1156248515
              MMMmmm,

Id love to say something about the PRESSO!

I think we should let an impartial examiner deliver an unbiased review.
              This site is too beautiful to clutter with blatant self promotion.
              Andy, can you think of a Coffee Snob that could do the job when he gets back from NZ? ;D ;D
              You could always send it to an unbiased reviewer in the States! ;D : 8-)

Java "He/She/It who dies with the most toys wins!" phile
              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Hey henry, we should do a head-to-head of my la peppina and your presso!

Comment

sure things Luca, lets find a good time for both of us...

Comment

Hello. Hope not too late, but I do.

Have a look at http://paymesomeattention.com

and good luck with yours.

Comment

So you opened up a 4 year old thread for this? Why?

Greg

Comment

Another blogger looking for hits :

Comment

And it worked !

Comment

Just a ham fisted whining Pom of the highest order.

Comment

Originally posted by 6B6C68676F657060676E090 link=1155787605/13#13 date=1284453142
                              Just a ham fisted whining Pom of the highest order.  
                              whoops....I think I may have broken the link  :-/ :-[ ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X