Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freight company recommedations

howdy people

has anyone got any recommedations for a freight company to ship a machine from Canberra to Perth?

cheers

Karl

Re: freight company recommedations

Im sure that Fresh_Coffee will be able to recommend one.

Comment

If the item isnt too heavy (limit is something like 20Kg) I use "BusFreight"...

The charge is about the same as Aussie Post parcel rates depot to depot or you can pay extra at either or both ends and they then do door to door delivery. (Cost includes insurance)

The item is shipped in the luggage compartment of the bus and has a much smoother ride (they happily take fragile items)....

I think there are two shipments per week Canberra/Perth.

Comment

We use a company called "freight consultants" who give you the "rate of the day". So one day they might freight by one company, and the next day with someone else!!!!!!!!!

the number 1300 130 616.

They will want the total weight AND the meaurements of the carton so no point telephoning until you have those.

I suggest you pay extra to insure the goods, you never know when something will get damaged.

Hope this helps,
        FC.

Comment

I know a shipping/freight dude here in Melb. PM me oif you want his details.

Like FC said, dimensions and weight are both important to have before you can start getting quotes.
          Definitely insure it.

Comment

Working...
          X