Finding the Faema Family... aka Ascaso Steel Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding the Faema Family... aka Ascaso Steel Pro

It looks very much as if the internals of my beloved Faema Family now reside in the Ascaso Steel Pro range. Moreover, the Steel Duo Pro seems to deliver what the Sunbeam EM6900 promises. It has a 300 ml brass boiler for the espresso and a brass thermoblock for the steam. The cost is greater, but its at the level of the cheapest HX machines at around $1.3k. Its also using the tried and tested simple thermostat technology. No doubt fitting a PID controller will further improve this machine.

It even comes with a brew pressure gauge.

Very nice.

Re: Finding the Faema Family... aka Ascaso Steel P

You have a Faema Family as well?

Id love to hear any hints you have.

Mine is 20 years old and heading off for repair tomorrow. It is tripping the safety switch after it has been on for 2 minutes. Looking forward to have it operating again.

By the sound of your post they are still using the innards - a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by grendel link=1158631116/0#1 date=1158637677
      You have a Faema Family as well?

Id love to hear any hints you have.

Mine is 20 years old and heading off for repair tomorrow. It is tripping the safety switch after it has been on for 2 minutes. Looking forward to have it operating again.

By the sound of your post they are still using the innards - a good sign.
      Sure do. They are a great machine. Mine is far from stock now though, so nothing I could say would apply to the stock machine. Check out my Faema family thread in this section and youll see what Ive done to it.

Im actually going to transplant it into another machine sometime in the future. First Ill pull her apart, bead blast the innards and then get them gold plated. Ill probably clean and re-chrome the group as well just to get it running as new.

Its a great machine though. So with Coffeeparts stocking spares and Ascaso using the same internals, it looks like these things will run forever.

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

Hi Sparky,
        Indeed we agree with you on that!

The Ascaso Duo Pro features 300 ml brass boiler for the group head and a thermo block for the steam arm.
        So far, since opening our shop 2 month ago, the Duo Steel has been our best seller among coffee connoisseurs as it manages to “bridge” between the needs of having a good thermal stability, easiness of use, simultaneous coffee and steam, and reasonably priced machine.  

Due to its double water heating devices, you can obviously make coffee and steam milk at the same time, no time waiting, no recuperation needed. It is in fact, introducing  a similar concept to the HX, by separating water for both operation, allowing consistent stability for the different extraction / texturing temperatures and it does all that for only $1200!!!! It also comes with 2 years warranty for domestic use.

Hazel had excellent review on this machine when she tried it. The only drawback was the external metal frothing tube that sits on top of the arm and creates airy cappuccino froth. We have removed it and now it makes beautiful micro foam! Definitely a great value for money and a must see, next time you are in the area.

Suits anybody who appreciates HX performance yet can’t cater for its price…

Currently out of stock until next week (sells too quickly…)

Comment

Working...
        X