No announcement yet.

Perfect Powerless Espresso? HEY PRESSO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Powerless Espresso? HEY PRESSO!

Spent last weekend at the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix.
    I left after work on the Thursday and came home Monday arvo.  Traveling on a motorcycle means that you cannot take too much gear and if that bike is a sports bike you can take even less.

Here is a picture of the bike when I got to the island camp site.  A sleepingbag, bed-roll and tent on the pillion seat.  A small day-pack for my back.

But in that little amount of luggage I still managed to cram-in a gas burner, mokapot and a Presso.  The Presso is a really cool gizmo.  Add hot water and coffee grounds and you have the best non-espresso machine coffee I have ever had.  The Presso comes with a scoop that doubles as a tamper so the only other thing you need is a cup.

Run a couple of shots of hot water through it first to heat the alloy brew head and group handle. Add a basketfull of espresso ground coffee, add 60ml of boiling water and push the handles down...

There you have it!  Camp side espresso on a Presso.
    ;D

Re: Perfect Powerless Espresso? HEY PRESSO!

How Cool :-) looks delicious. And so practical too.

Love it!

Belinda

Comment

Way to go Andy,

Didya get any curious onlookers :? Cant have been too many coffee snobs on bikes at the GP ,

Mal.

Comment

Looks great Andy
        with water temp ok, is the taste anything like espresso- I read that the pressure is somewhere near 8/9 bars which sounds good?
        If so a fantastic camping idea and lighter to take on hols that the botticelli
        Brett

Comment

First moto-GP Ive missed in 4 years Did they have a riders parade lap this year? My car club has done it for the last few, but they didnt ask us this year...

Comment

Perfect is a big call, but it does look like fun!

Comment

Dear god I want one now!

Andy that is the coolest bloody camping accessory I have seen in years - better yet though I could use it here in my office. . .

[searching frantically through sponsor links at this moment. . .]

Comment

Originally posted by grendel link=1158672771/0#6 date=1158721679
                Dear god I want one now!

Andy that is the coolest bloody camping accessory I have seen in years - better yet though I could use it here in my office. . .

[searching frantically through sponsor links at this moment. . .]
                That is the perfect use for it ..... at work! Now I want one ;D

Belinda

Comment

"Presso in Australia???
                  COMING SOON! "

So it says on the left - any idea when soon will be?

Comment

Originally posted by Viviane link=1158672771/0#8 date=1158737218
                    ... especially when the aeropress is available now! At some stage, when both are around, well have to do a shootout!

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Hi Andy,

If had of known you were down there I would have popped in for a cuppa. I was down both Fri and Sat but came home to watch the race. I think I can now be officially classed as a "coffee snob" as I was so hanging out for a coffee, but none of the vendors seemed to tempting enough. Most of the machines looked neglected and watching some of the staff pulling coffees.........well, lets just say I stuck to water until I got home.

Keep the rubber side down,

Dom

Comment

Hey Andy,

I just realised that thats a really cool looking stove! Might be perfect for a vac pot ... the alcohol burner doesnt really cut the mustard for 8 cups. Any chance of details being forthcoming?

Cheers,

Luca "materialist" C

Comment

Originally posted by Viviane link=1158672771/0#8 date=1158737218
                          "Presso in Australia???
                          COMING SOON! "

REALLY SOON.

I grabbed an early shipped version from the official Australian distributor of the Presso. The initial main stocks are on the docks currently and all details will be available soon.

I could also tell you that a very limited amount of machines will be available at a super price for CS members.... but hey, that would be telling so you will have to wait to hear that.

Comment

Cant have been too many coffee snobs on bikes at the GP
                            Maybe not... but there were sure a lot of heads popping out of tents in the mornings when this CoffeeSnob made his breaky cuppa.

with water temp ok, is the taste anything like espresso...
                            Pretty close. If it was exactly the same as a $3000 or $8000 espresso machine the people selling Presso would get concrete boots pretty quickly! It is far closer to espresso than a plunger or a mokapot and the pressure is directly propotional to how hard you pack the puck and press the arms down.

I have pulled a couple of semi-dud shots when I underdosed but mostly the shots were great and easy to nail.

Perfect is a big call, but it does look like fun!
                            Yeah, perfect might be a big call, true, but I also expect most people to be stunned at the quality of shot you can get from something without a power plug!

I just realised that thats a really cool looking stove!
                            Camping supplies. Little disposable gas canisters (circa $10) and a screw-on titanium burner (circa $40) although if space and weight is less of an issue then you can get cheaper burners to suit.

Oh.. I should also add...

The last picture above was taken while still in my sleeping bag from inside the tent... twas a cold morning and Presso espresso in bed was a good way to cure the night before

Comment

Judging by the response here, its probably a very good thing that Presso are soon to be site sponsers!

You couldnt have done a better add for Presso if youd tried Andy!

Nice bike by the way...

Comment

Working...
                              X