Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. to my Gaggia Classic... :-[

Im not sure whats going on.
    Ive had it for 2 years now and at this point nothing comes out. I think it might be the pump since it makes this loud noise and then nothing. Before it would make that noise for about 10sec then the coffee would come through.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Re: R.I.P. to my Gaggia Classic... :-[

Sorry to hear about you machines crisis.

Theres really too little information to go on. The pump should last longer than 2 years, but its not out of the question. Also there is scale buildup, boiler corrosion and coffee residue build-up that can cause major problems with the 3-way valve.

Can you get hot water to come out? If so, then its not the pump. However if you cant get hot water to come out, then its probably not the 3-way valve and it may be the pump.

These machines are so simple that a trip to a local tech would be the best bet. Gaggia parts are pretty cheap, so it shouldnt cost too much to fix (around $100 or thereabouts).

Good luck,

Mark.

Comment

Hmm...
      Do you get any water coming out from the shower screen in the group where the portafilter handle goes into or from the steam wand? If not, then I say you have a pump problem. If you get some, its probably just your group thats clogged up. You can pull it apart and service it yourself. Try www.wholelattelove.com for more details. If this works and water flows, you might also like to try descaling the machine if youve been using ordinary tap water ie not using filtered water.

javabeen.

Comment

Dont know about this machine, but on the weekend, I ran into the joys of the resettable thermostat fuse mechanism - machine overheated and tripped the thermostat, shutting off the boiler and the water flow through the group head and steam wand. A lot of frustration solved with the press of a small button on the thermostat on top of the boiler!

However, theres every chance that its not that hopefully it is!

Comment

Nope, no water comes out from the main port nor the steamer. I also tried forcing water into the hose that goes straight into the pump while keeping the machine on and that didnt work either.

Comment

I can buy the pump straight from wholelattelove but the part is non-refundable...hmmm
            What does everybody think? Should I roll the dice?? lol!!

Comment

Try coffeeparts, a site sponsor and local supplier of all types of coffee parts. They have replacement ulka pumps in stock. These items are so common that most techs would also have them. However, beware that it may not be the problem. If you attempt this yourself, you are risking electric shock or further repairs to your machine. Only attempt to fix a machine yourself if you are comfortable and safe with mains powered equipment and have a pretty good idea how something works. Otherwise its not worth it. Also, unless your are certified for working on mains powered equipment, anything you do could have serious liability consequences and may even void your house insurance in the case of any catastrophe. Just bear these facts in mind before attempting any fix yourself.

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

For parts If youre in Melbourne, try Coffee Mio in Thornbury or call them on 9484 0776 or www.coffeemio.com.au. They stock Gaggia domestic parts as I ordered something from them last week (the arched spout that attaches to the portafilter as my coffee deluxe came with a plastic one).

I also just replaced the steam wand on my Coffee Deluxe with a Rancilio Silvia one, bolted straight on, no more forthing issues now!

Good luck,
                javabeen.

Comment

Working...
                X