Filter Baskets for Silvia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filter Baskets for Silvia

Ive seen several vague references to people using alternate and/or larger filter baskets in the silvia. What baskets do you recommend?

Thanks,
    Brett.

Re: Filter Baskets for Silvia

I went to coffeeparts and then to the
    marzocco / group, group holder section
    and you order the 521994
    Dont order the biggest one cos it wont fit in the silvia!
    But this one is bigger than the standard large rancilio basket. ;D
    Enjoy updosed doppios.
    RH

Comment

Thanks Rayzurhed.

This one says it holds 14g, which I thought was about the same as the Rancilio one? Or does it actually fit more?
      I recall seing reference to a LM basket as well - where would I find this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Brekel link=1159933631/0#2 date=1159958634
        Thanks Rayzurhed.

This one says it holds 14g, which I thought was about the same as the Rancilio one?  Or does it actually fit more?  
        I recall seing reference to a LM basket as well - where would I find this one?  
        I get about 21-22g in one of these

2mcm

Comment

Ah, now that sounds good.
          Thanks!

Comment

Ive used the coffeeparts 14g one also 18g which needs a deeper filter handle- both are a big improvement over the tiny ones which silvia and botticelli come with
            A question- what are you tamping with? I found that moving up to a godd, well fitting flat based tamper- Pullman- was as important as a larger basket
            Brett

Comment

Im using a 58mm metal tamper, with a slightly convex face, purchased from a local coffee store before I knew about this site. It doesnt seem too bad, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brekel link=1159933631/0#6 date=1160085133
                Im using a 58mm metal tamper, with a slightly convex face, purchased from a local coffee store before I knew about this site. It doesnt seem too bad, though.
                See haow You go with the coffeeparts 14 g basket- the larger ones are definitely less watery and much richer.
                Then if that is good but not quite there, I couldnt recommend the pullman tamper highly enough- for me it is the difference between tamp knock side, tamp knock side clean off etc with the convex one (never quite reached into the edges and gave a fair bit of channeling), to fill, settle with light tamp, gently knock side moderate tamp and light polish with the pullman
                Brett

Comment

14g basket just arrived, along with a blind filter, a brush and some cleaner from Coffee Parts - ordered yesterday, great service!

Thanks,
                  Brett.

Comment

Working...
                  X