Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing EM6900 baskets

Hi all,

I have a friend with a Sunbeam EM6900 and I wanted to get him some standard baskets to replace the mega-colossal-basset-esq numbers that it arrived with.
    Can anyone suggest which brand of the many carried by CoffeeParts has been seen to fit decently in the Sunbean portafilter? I know from experience that all industry-standard 58mm filter baskets are not created equal...

Apologies if this has been discussed before, as I seem to recall it has. Ive searched the forum but cant find any definitive answers.

Cheers,

Dennis

Re: Replacing EM6900 baskets

I think Alan Frew, in his review of the EM6900 inserted some Feama Baskets.....

Its possible to give Sunbeam a call and ask them... I have the smaller sunbeam baskets.

Comment

If you call Sunbeam they wont be able to help you with that. I tried before.
      I use the small basket, which holds 18 grams and make 2 espresso with it even if I only need one. That way you dont need to get a new basket. Your shots will be more consistent then if you change baskets (from single to double).

Throw away your double basket as that supposed hold 22 grams and is useless.

Comment

Monti, I disagree... Hold onto your Double Basket... these are good for people who like strong lattes/\/capps and you are making 2 at a time....

This is what I do...

I use my smaller double for my single caps/\/latte - I like them strong... if Im making 2, out comes the 22gram basket :-)...

Comment

Geez, whatever floats your boat.
          An 18 gram basket for a single cap/latte? Holy moly!
          Why dont you just get a syringe and shoot it right up your arm?
          No need for expensive espresso machines for you. LOL

Do you just poor milk over roasted whole coffee beans in the morning instead of cereal? At least it would be nice and crunchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Monti link=1159939198/0#4 date=1160225697
            I tried going the IV route but my supplier says he doesnt carry the needed equipment! > ;D

Java "Mainlining da Bean!" phile
            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Monti...

I pull ristretto shots in all these cases... this suits me...

:-)

You are funny though... but you lose the enjoyment if you shoot it up...I dont want the buzz, I want the flavour

marc "love the flavour" stolk

:-)

Sorry Javaphile, love your system

Comment

I was only kidding of course.

The volume  of coffee in your basket indicates that either your palate is not too sensitive and they need a big shot to register the flavour or it is indeed becoming  a drug habbit and you are in denial. LOL

Only kidding, mate.

I cannot help and be cheeky sometimes.  

I used to use the 22 gram basket for the double and the 18 gram basket for the single but it meant that the grind had to be constantly changed too  much all the time.  I also felt that I didnt get the full flavour of the coffee but just got a stronger flavour.  I normally make a 25 ml shot over 30 secs. now.  

How many ml shots do you guys make and how long is your extraction?

Comment

Originally posted by marcstolk link=1159939198/0#6 date=1160226867
                  What?!? System?!? Nnnnooooooooo!!!! No, no, no no!! Ive spent my life fighting to not be a part of the system! AAAIIIIIEEEEEEE!!

Java "Grabbing his tie-dye and running off to the woods" phile

Comment

Originally posted by Monti link=1159939198/0#4 date=1160225697
                    Geez, whatever floats your boat.

Do you just poor milk over roasted whole coffee beans in the morning instead of cereal? At least it would be nice and crunchy.

Oh Please ... a syringe and shoot it right up your arm ;D

So simple, poor milk over roasted whole coffee beans in the morning instead of cereal, and if I add some chock coated coffee beans : for that extra hit......

I like this place..... My kind of people 8-)

Comment

Barazi in Brisbane will do the baskets that fit. Very good. They are helpful. They also sell the cleaning solution and backflushing tabs.

I have found that more regular backflushing that SB reccomends helps coffee taste enormously.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile link=1159939198/0#8 date=1160279219
                        Originally posted by marcstolk link=1159939198/0#6 date=1160226867
                        What?!? System?!? Nnnnooooooooo!!!! No, no, no no!! Ive spent my life fighting to not be a part of the system! AAAIIIIIEEEEEEE!!

Java "Grabbing his tie-dye and running off to the woods" phile

Aha! Managed to pigeonhole Javaphile at last A Coffee Libation Libertarian Librarian and probably a libran to boot!

Comment

Originally posted by grendel link=1159939198/0#11 date=1160574399
                          Aha! Managed to pigeonhole Javaphile at last A Coffee Libation Libertarian Librarian and probably a libran to boot!
                          Nah, the Libertarians are a nationally recognized political organization, ergo theyre part of the system and hence to be avoided. ;D

Now a Coffee Libation Librarian would fit in there somewhere as I definately imbibe in large quantities of Java while surrounded by my 5,000 or so books. ;D

Dont know about the Libran though as I have no clue as to what that is! ;D

Java "Not so easily pigeonholed" phile

Comment

Ive got enough timber for a new pigeonhole, ok by the sounds of it Ill be constructing a tesseract but Im sure I can find some pine offcuts that extend into the temporal dimension. . .

Comment

Originally posted by grendel link=1159939198/0#13 date=1160612966
                              Ive got enough timber for a new pigeonhole, ok by the sounds of it Ill be constructing a tesseract
                              A tesseract might just do the job, provided of course that you can get it into at least the 6th or 7th dimension. That might be enough to hold all the pigeonholes youll need. : ;D

Java "Into Everything" phile

Comment

Working...
                              X