Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam EM6910 & EM0480

Hey everyone!

Some of you may recall a message I put out a few months ago about Sunbeam and the EM5800 I had. Well I have to recant that now as I have recently taken delivery of the new Sunbeam EM6910 coffee machine and an EM0480 conical burr grinder. So read on and weep!!!

Let me start with the coffee machine.

Well for those of you who now about them, they are not yet on the market. I have been lucky enough to get one early (only 6 in the country) and I can say they are fantastic and the coffee machine is as good as the Miss Silvia! (I know that is a big claim) Sunbeam have corrected the problems from the EM6900 and produced a machine that is top quality and after a couple of adjustments to steam temperature and getting the tamp right I am producing perfect coffee at home! No need to go to go out for coffee any more!! I am particularly impressed with the twin thermo pumps, one for steam and one for coffee. The steam pump is very strong and you can adjust the settings independently of the coffee pump. Being able to steam at the same time as the coffee pours is a great bonus for the home user and means quicker cups of coffee when you have more than two to look after.

All in all, I can say Sunbeam have got it right and this machine will take the market by storm.

The Coffee Grinder

The companion EM0480 conical grinder is a breeze to use although I think the spout the ground coffee comes out of could have been about 1cm longer. That aside it only took a few attempts to get the grind level right and I havent had a problem since.

So if you have any questions, just ask!

Re: Sunbeam EM6910 & EM0480

Originally posted by PaulEagar link=1160113497/0#0 date=1160113497
    Hey everyone!

Some of you may recall a message I put out a few months ago about Sunbeam and the EM5800 I had. Well I have to recant that now as I have recently taken delivery of the new Sunbeam EM6910 coffee machine and an EM0480 conical burr grinder. So read on and weep!!!

Let me start with the coffee machine.

Well for those of you who now about them, they are not yet on the market. I have been lucky enough to get one early (only 6 in the country) and I can say they are fantastic and the coffee machine is as good as the Miss Silvia! (I know that is a big claim) Sunbeam have corrected the problems from the EM6900 and produced a machine that is top quality and after a couple of adjustments to steam temperature and getting the tamp right I am producing perfect coffee at home! No need to go to go out for coffee any more!! I am particularly impressed with the twin thermo pumps, one for steam and one for coffee. The steam pump is very strong and you can adjust the settings independently of the coffee pump. Being able to steam at the same time as the coffee pours is a great bonus for the home user and means quicker cups of coffee when you have more than two to look after.

All in all, I can say Sunbeam have got it right and this machine will take the market by storm.

The Coffee Grinder

The companion EM0480 conical grinder is a breeze to use although I think the spout the ground coffee comes out of could have been about 1cm longer. That aside it only took a few attempts to get the grind level right and I havent had a problem since.

So if you have any questions, just ask!

The problem has been quality control as far as I can see. A new design with good quality control would be a good thing. A new design with the same crap quality control will be another crap machine.
    Heres hoping for the former.
    Brett

Comment

Brett is correct.... I hope the QC has been addressed...

1 Question, Can you adjust the brew temp??

Comment

Hi Telemaster,

Yes the brew temperature can be adjusted up or down in 2 degree increments to as hot or cld as you want it. Hows that. I tell you this machine is state of the art and I have been told Sunbeam wants it to be the best avialble domestic machine on the market anywhere!

Comment

Where on the machine do you adjust the temp for the coffee and the pressure for the steam?

What other bits are different to the EM6900?

Does it look exactly the same?

Comment

"As good as silvia" isnt really all that much of a claim, but what experience do you have with a silvia to be able to say that?

Id also like to know how the brew pressure adjusts. Does the brew pressure gauge have numbers on it? Did they end up doing the built-in timer? Will the group now take industry standard portafilters, like the LM ones that we all love so much? Has the steam tip been changed to a multi-holed one? Is the temperature adjustment range really unlimited, or is there a maximum and minimum temperature?

Whoa! Heaps of questions for you, but Ive heard heaps of rumors!

Have fun with your new machines!

Luca

Comment

well the 6900 is so close to a Silvia its not funny (so if the 6910 is better again then it should be a catagory killer

Dont for get there have been quality control issues with the Silvia too ie swarf in the boilers that gets stuck in the 3 way valve.

Im lookinf forward to seeing the new beastie myself.

Cheers

Rich

Comment

Curiosity is killing me... I gotta see one!!!

Comment

Luca has some very good questions.....

Comment

Okay, the suspense is killing me, Ive been waiting for my machine for a couple of weeks, its supposed to be in on the 20th. Ill be giving my opinions when it arrives (estimated 27th).

Comment

The 27th? [smiley=shocked.gif]

How are you going to make it till then?

I do feel for you.

Comment

Hi all & Hi Paul, Long time reader of the CSforums first time post!

The fact that you have a EM6910 interests me, I realy have been waiting its arrival since I got my EM6900 in Sep last year, had a lot of issues with it but was happy to return it 3 times and await its return as it was only my weekender.

I have been recommending the EM series to a lot of people at my shop, dispit having difficulty getting sunbeam to service a small retailer.

Just interestd to see the EM6910, is it the same housing as the EM6900 or have they made some changes?

A pic would be great or link?

Comment

No need to go to go out for coffee any more!!
                          NOOOOooooo!!

Theres always a need to go out for coffee!!

;D

Comment

Originally posted by scoota gal link=1160113497/0#12 date=1160388141
                            No need to go to go out for coffee any more!!
                            NOOOOooooo!!

Theres always a need to go out for coffee!!

;D
                            Theres always a need to go out. But not necessarily for coffee if its like the ones around here! Outs for fun and change of scenery and new experiences.
                            Homes often the best place for coffee- except at my coffee roasters!
                            Brett

Comment

Originally posted by PaulEagar link=1160113497/0#3 date=1160122412
                              Hi Telemaster,

Yes the brew temperature can be adjusted up or down in 2 degree increments to as hot or cld as you want it. Hows that. I tell you this machine is state of the art and I have been told Sunbeam wants it to be the best avialble domestic machine on the market anywhere!
                              So where are the pics and the details ?

Comment

Working...
                              X