• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this?

Does anyone know what this machine is

ebay item number:

Re: What is this?

Its an astoria sibilla. If youre thinking of buying it, you should know that there is no room for the pump and motor inside the machine - they have to be externally mounted.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

thanks

thought as much. No was just browsing through ebay and wasnt sure what it was. I dont think the seller is helping his cause much though, not overly descriptive.

machines look quite funky, but at US$7.5K they would sort of want to be. Am i right in assuming the boiler/groupheads are all one piece. do you know what they are made our of by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Clinto link=1161572902/0#2 date=1161581975
        Am i right in assuming the boiler/groupheads are all one piece. do you know what they are made our of by any chance?
        I dont really know much about them besides that they are heat exchanger machines manufactured by CMA, which has Astoria and WEGA (amongst others) as brands. I would guess that it has a thermosyphon group that is separate from the body ... maybe something similar to an e-61, but youd have to check for yourself. The body is probably fiberglass or something like that; like the LM FB-70 and FB-80.

Love the bathroom tap hadnles for the steam wands ;P

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Working...
        X