Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!WON!! Tamper #1000 - for free!

We have a winner!

Details can be found at http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1161588122/87#87

Ive been producing tampers for nearly four years now, and the popularity of the product means that its likely Ill produce the one thousandth unit before the year is out! While thats not much of a record for mass-produced companies, its quite an achievement for one bloke producing an essentially hand-made product, working on a hobby out of his back shed in his free time.

Throughout this time Ive have received immense help in product development and feedback from my customers, many of whom are valued fellow members of CoffeeSnobs. So to celebrate this milestone, the thousandth tamper will be shipped to its new owner, completely free of charge!

The catch is, no-one will actually know which tamper will be number 1000. Thats something I myself will only know after the order has come in. But if its yours, its free, entirely, including postage, surcharges and any custom engraving you choose to have put on it. If you happen to order a checkerboard handle with custom engraving and a set of filter baskets, and you happen to be the lucky one, its all yours for nix!

The only conditions of this promotion are that:
    1) The promotion is available to coffeesnobs members only, and therefore if you want to have a chance at the free tamper you MUST provide your coffeesnobs username when you order. Failure to do this will classify you as a non-coffeesnobs member for the purposes of this promotion and thus exclude your order for the promotion.
    2) The promotion is available only for private buyers for private use. You can buy more than one, e.g. if youre buying for yourself and friends, but businesses buying to resell will be ineligible for the promotion.
    3) If the person who would normally purchase tamper #1000 happens to be ineligible under conditions 1) and/or 2), they will be issued with an alternative tamper and number 1000 will be re-allocated, with all the privileges herein mentioned (had to throw that in somewhere!) to the next order received from a CS member.

This isnt really a formal competition, I dont have a permit number or anything of the sort, and there will be no ribbon-snipping, cake-cutting or other grand ceremony at the processing of the 1000th order. But I can confirm that I have no hidden agendas, Im not going to give it to one of my mates if they happen to order around then, and that the coffeesnobs member who orders tamper number 1000 or as close to it above #1000 will receive it completely free of charge.

The winner will be notified on receipt of their order. No notification will be given to any other orders. Once tamper 1000 has been allocated, the winner will be announced on this thread.

Re: Tamper #1000 - for free!

Two suggestions:

1) could you engrave 1000 on it somewhere visible?

2) send it to me

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Hi Luca,

1) Nice idea. They all get the serial number on the tamper under the handle, but no reason why it couldnt go on the flat of the top of the base just for this one

2) Nice thought but.... no

Comment

If a person bought 4LM Double baskets, 4LM Single baskets and 2 Huonpine with engraving and being the 1000th one they would get it all for free? :P

Comment

Theyd get everything related to the 1000th tamper for free. So in the example you mentioned which appears to be two tampers, theyd get the baskets for the 1000th and the engraving for free, but would pay for the other one.

So I would be hoping its just a standard order, but if its not then Ive got to wear that.

Comment

Is it just me or does that Huon pine tamper make anybody else grin like a village idiot ... :P

Comment

When I pulled out my Huon for the first time my significant other grinned like the proverbial cheshire cat, is that the same sort of thing?

Comment

Hey Presso you need to do a little animated presso flash intro using the badgers badgers badgers song

Comment

Lost me! :-?

Comment

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

Is this it?

Comment

et moi, but I wonder if hes referring to your avatar? It looks like its just asking to have its arms (wings?) flapped up and down like a penguin! Not sure if that makes it a badger or not though...

Comment

Methinks youve hit the badger on the head!

Comment

Originally posted by gregpullman link=1161588122/0#2 date=1161598467
                          They all get the serial number on the tamper under the handle..
                          So Greg, is the serial number usually visible, or is it hidden by the handle?

I got mine some time ago - pre marking lines, pre your logo, a wood type you no longer have, just wondering if I am pre serial numbers as well (or just cant see it).

Brett.

Comment

Hi Brett,

Theyve all had serial numbers since late January 2003, so yours will definitely have one. Once I got to number 27 and wasnt able to keep it all in my head anymore I decided I may as well start numbering them, even though itd no doubt be over in a month or so. As I thought!!

Theyre all on the top part of the tamper, normally hidden by the handle. Just unscrew it and the number will be visible. Though doing that will break the threadlocker so therell be a bit more of a chance of it unscrewing during use after that.

I could tell you what number youll see if you wanted, but thatll spoil your surprise! But I will tell you that in your case there will be three digits, all of which are between 1 and 3 inclusive. Actually TigerStripe was just a particular patterning of Jarrah. Very popular and very attractive, I remember they didnt last long at all!

G

Comment

Very generous of you Greg.

Too bad for me mine arrived last week.

Comment

Working...
                              X