PVC Knockbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVC Knockbox

Ive been using an ice-cream container as a knockbox for years - well I finally got around to making something a little more functional.

I posted full details of the construction (all 5-minutes of it) and the materials on my Coffee Blog :

Re: PVC Knockbox

Very nice,
    although I forsee some bling in the future, perhaps an LED chaser around the top indicating the target area  ;D

Comment

Looks great grendel, will it hold enough?

I only have to empty mine about once a week.

Comment

Aww, cmon guys! :

This needs to be in Brewing Equipment!

Comment

Id thought it be better suited to Knock Box ;D

Comment

Originally posted by scoota gal link=1162705311/0#3 date=1162712981
            Aww, cmon guys! :

This needs to be in Brewing Equipment!

I couldnt figure out where to put it - knockbox is for results, roasting is for - well, roasting, and I didnt consider it brewing equipment (my definitions can be narrow at times!).

Comment

Talk about your machines, plungers, vac pots, tampers, knock boxes etc.

Comment

Ya ok - that that would involve me reading instructions - I got through 7 years of tertiary study without doing that once.

And yes, a trail of incorrectly answered exam questions and broken consumer electronics litter my past. . .

Comment

OOOh very nice Grendel. May have to construct one myself. I was hinting at OG to get me the lovely knockbox that I saw at the coffee suppliers last week.

This may be a good thing to make while I save up the $$$

Comment

Hey I might have to go visit Bunnings myself - nice idea. Ive been using the edge of my garbage bin. Does it have any type of rubber in it to stop it sliding across the bench, or from scratching it?

Ive already put a large scratch in the bench from cleaning the coffee machine.

Comment

Yeah im using the exact same system minus the bar in the middle (havent got around to installing it yet).

Empty it every day or day and a half depending on amount of coffees made.

Doesnt do too bad a job for $4.

Comment

I saw one of these on another site about a year ago (cannot find the article/post now).
                        I recall that the person who made it, spent a little extra and got some black insulation tubing (like the stuff that goes around pipes) to put on the dowel, and some kind of covering for the bottom to make it non-slip, non-marking. I think it took the cost up to around $10 US.

Still a good deal. Wish I could find it though.

Comment

Im not having any movement problems (maybe I grab it - dont remember) but the base doesnt scratch anything - flat PCV cap, quite smooth. If it slides at all I will just add some stick-on rubber feet (also from bunnings).

Comment

Cut a piece of garden hose to cover over what you are knocking onto. Our work one has a coach bolt and the hose is great. It just needs to be replaced every so often as it wears where you hit the portafiller (well, in a relatively busy cafe it does!).

And you can buy that sticky rubber matting at Woolies or just about anywhere. I think Ive even seen it in the Crazy Prices type stores. And use that for putting your knock box on if you dont like it slipping round your bench!

Comment

great knock box was going to make one next week out of 1oo mm sewer pipe with dowell possible differance taper pipe on a 45 degree angle to stop coffee spilling on bench.will post photo next week for all to see.cheers steven

Comment

Working...
                              X