Pics of my EM6910 with Naked PF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my EM6910 with Naked PF

Hi, in a previous thread that has been locked I promised Id post some pics of a single spout pour and naked pour.. so... as per below pics...

Re: Pics of my EM6910 with Naked PF

Pic number 2 - single spout pour... alittle fast but still good enough. Remember the flash washes out the Colour.. the pour was actually a darker colour

Comment

Looks great mate.

Comment

Just before stopping the expresso pour...

Comment

Finished the extraction....

Comment

Added some milk foam and a dab of milk...Dunno what they call it... sure it something...

Comment

Another shot....

Comment

Oh, and beans were my popper roasted Columbian, about 9 days ago... nice bean too :-), Ground up in my EM0480....

Dosing method:

Dosed to a mountain, tapped on bench to collapse, dosed again to a mountain, lightly pressed grounds with finger and levelled and tamped with medium pressure (not with excessive force) and light finishing polish...

Grinder was set on 16.

OK, thats enough for now...

Marc

Oh, and it tasted great.. although a tighter pour would have produced a sweeter espresso.. but it was nice enough though.... :-)

Comment

Good One!

Thanks for the pics. Do you use the pre-programmed buttons or run it manually? Been umming and ahhing about getting a naked PF. Nice photos like those start to tip the balance

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Hey Matt,

Thanks...

I can safely say that using a Naked PF has increased my dosing skill and definitely a better tasting coffee as a result... I use the Naked to keep me accountable :-)

Marc

Comment

I got a naked PF yesterday and this morning the first shot was a double for my wifes long black.

The pour looked about as good as that first photo of yours (very nice).
                      She asked me what the coffee was as she suspected I had given her something different.
                      It wasnt, it was the same beans Ive been using for the last few days.

I suppose the first few practise shots I made for myself helped.
                      Well mostly they did, the next shot was for myself and was an absolute shocker.  ;D

Comment

Macchiato is what its called.

Have to say I wont bother with naked shots. I have enough fun pulling shots fully clothed.

Comment

...arrh..came in just on that last post...how do you pull fully clothed nunu?

Comment

Originally posted by nunu link=1164881708/0#11 date=1164888947
                            Macchiato is what its called.
                            Actually, isnt a Macchiato an espresso with a dab of foam?

What I did was that plus a dab of Milk additional. Still the same drink??

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1164881708/0#10 date=1164888035
                              She asked me what the coffee ws as she suspected I had given her something different.
                              She is one discerning coffee drinker you have there Mate. A Naked PF shot is known to have some differences on flavour - I have noticed this. In fact, it can be a tastier coffee done this way.

My reasons for the Naked PF is 1: Looks good doing it, 2: It actually does highlight some dosing faults (if any).. and when I started using one, I was getting channeling all over the place.. so I got the basics sorted and settled to a good dosing system that works for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X