Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expobar Office Control Semi vs Expobar Office Leva

Hi,

Im considering buying either of the above machines. Bling factor aside is there much benefit paying the extra money for the Leva version. The Office Control Semi Automatic seems to have good reviews. Any views on ease of repair and reliability?

Thanks,
    Matthew

Re: Expobar Office Control Semi vs Expobar Office

Hi Matthew and welcome to the world of CS 8-).

The Office semi-auto is a good machine- quite a few here own one.

From a service point of view, the Office leva is easier to work on and adjustments to things such as pump and boiler pressure are easier. The eb-61 leva group is also very popular with coffee lovers- so resale value should be pretty good.

I am led to believe that there is no stock of the office semi in Australia until the new year- but there may be one in a shop somewhere.

FYI if its of interest, we have a Diadema Junior Semi-auto on sale at present- The Italian machines do have superior build quality. Info at http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163933911/2#2. Feel free to drop me a line or call if I can assist...

regards

Chris

Comment

Welcome Matthew.

I like my Leva.
      I prefer the look to the Control.
      Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though and I also liked the idea that its easier to work on.
      The KISS principle.

Comment

Thanks guys for the quick responses. The Diadema Juniors do look exeptionally well built and finished. I havent discounted them from the equation yet. Just thinking further down the line re servicing the machine in Sydney. There seems to be more places selling Expobars than Diademas up here.

Comment

Service of the Diadema is no problem in Sydney BDF,

We have reciprocal arrangements!  8-) They are sooooo reliable though. I have never had a single diadema play up...so its shower screens and gaskets

Chris

Comment

Chris wont steer you wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1165722896/0#5 date=1165744851
              Chris wont steer you wrong.
              Yeah 2mcm will look after you for sure. Like Thundergod I bought my Expobar off Chris and we are both in Sydney. I have the semi-auto and I love it. I do like the look of the Leva over mine for sure. So if looks are part of the equation the Leva would winm through my eyes. The semi-auto maxed out my budget so didnt factor in the option of a leva or even the auto for that matter. I had my machine at the NSW roasting day so Thundergod has seen it so could probably tell you difference from a Leva owners point of view. But I havent seen the Leva up close and personal to tell the various differences. But 2mcm, as I am sure other site sponsors, could tell you the differences with complete honesty.

Brett

Comment

Postscript to the story.  Ended up buying the Diadema Junior Semi-auto Chris had on sale.  Im more than happy with the deal and service.  Highly recommended sponsor if youre after some helpful advice on which machine to buy.    

Matthew

Comment

Good to see another satisfied customer for 2mcm. Nice choice of machine there I am sure it will bring you much pleasure with your coffee from it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1165722896/0#1 date=1165723516
                    From a service point of view, the Office leva is easier to work on and adjustments to things such as pump and boiler pressure are easier. The eb-61 leva group is also very popular with coffee lovers- so resale value should be pretty good.
                    Yeah, the office pulser is a pain in the arse to get inside. Ive never actually seen my pstat, and adjusting the OPV was a bit of a mission!

Chris, where is the Pstat on the Office Pulser? How do you access it?

Comment

Originally posted by bluedevilfish link=1165722896/0#7 date=1166095171
                      Postscript to the story. Ended up buying the Diadema Junior Semi-auto Chris had on sale. Im more than happy with the deal and service. Highly recommended sponsor if youre after some helpful advice on which machine to buy.
                      Gotta have photos now BDF, an unwritten CS law for all new equipment acquisitions by members

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                      X