Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Poll to firm up Pricing for Boiler Insulation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Poll to firm up Pricing for Boiler Insulation.

Hi All,

It was becoming too difficult to determine who still wanted the insulation from the original poll so a new poll has been started to get a fix on EXACT numbers required. Product description from original thread is:-
    Silicone Sponge Rubber Sheet Insulation @ USD$15.00/Sheet F.O.B. China.
    The sheet dimensions are 500mm x 500mm x 10-12mm thick and capable of withstanding long-term contact temperatures of up to 240 C. Ideal for Boiler Insulation and very safe to use and install.

Firm costs will be determined from exact numbers when the poll is closed, and then a wait from the Chinese Factory to Invoice our CS member CakeBoy in the UK, who is coordinating the overall exercise. Once CB has the costs to land the sheets in the UK, he will then be able to get an estimate to ship the Oz contingent sheets to us, probably to me in the first instance and then posted out to individual members once the money has been received. The whole exercise is being undertaken at cost to benefit fellow members, no profit will taken what so ever.

So, please get your requirements posted in to this poll now as it WILL BE CLOSED IN 14 DAYS TIME, and the numbers posted in the poll at that time will be the final quantity placed on order..... Youre on your own after that. Hop to it ladies and gents

Mal.

Re: New Poll to firm up Pricing for Boiler Insulat

whats it good for? why might I want some?

Comment

Originally posted by muppet_man67 link=1169996659/0#1 date=1170072207
      whats it good for? why might I want some?
      muppet_man67

If you have a prosumer or commercial coffee machine you have a boiler of from about 2 litres to maybe 20+ litres of hotter than boiling (120 C) water being held at that temperature with a heating element of between about 2400W and 4500W.

That uses a lot of electricity and gives off lots of heat (not the best on a 40C+ day when the machine is sitting in the kitchen)....

So the insulation is designed to reduce this heat loss (and the corresponding electricity bill) by being wrapped around the boiler.

If you have a domestic machine (with a small boiler) it wont make much difference - but you can still do it if you wish.

Comment

It looks like I can use some of this now

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky link=1169996659/0#3 date=1170497505
          It looks like I can use some of this now
          ;D Kind of thought you might be in touch :P,

Mal.

Comment

hey again guys. So do we have any idea about how much freight is going to be for this yet?

I went into Clark Rubber yesterday and htey told me that their supplier of Closed Cell Neoprene has burnt down and they wont be stocking it anymore. So this stuff has become pretty much the only option that can withstand the heat.

Comment

So what happened?
              Where they doing some kind of test on it that required heat?

Comment

Originally posted by Zakal1 link=1169996659/0#5 date=1170554550
                hey again guys. So do we have any idea about how much freight is going to be for this yet?
                Gday Zakal1,

As per my post at the top of this thread/poll, once firm numbers are known the processes of shipping and on-forwarding can proceed at which time we can then produce reasonably accurate shipping costs. This poll is running for a fortnight to give everyone who is interested an opportunity to indicate their requirements prior to the order process moving to the next step. All the best, and

Cheers,
                Mal.

Comment

Hi,
                  I have got my m30 bistro dt1 boiler wrapped with original insulation from the la cimbali M3 superbar boilers.

Comment

Yes Schaerer,

For the past few years now, quite a few of the upper echelon machines such as yours have been insulating their boilers... kind of makes a lot of sense when you think about it,

Mal.

Comment

Hi All,

Poll is now closed, so will send off the final quantity to CakeBoy in UK and then wait for the info to come in after that..... Stay tuned ,

Mal.

Comment

Just a quick note to all.....

Progress has been made on our acquisition to the stage of receiving a response from the Chinese factory that a quotation will be soon forthcoming. Will keep you posted ,

Mal.

Comment

I hadnt noticed this poll before...if there is any possibility of being included, Id like two sheets.

Fingers crossed,
                          Phil

Comment

Im sorry Phil,

It is so difficult dealing with the factory where this stuff is made that I dont really want to upset the apple-cart at this stage. Maybe if one of the original purchasers pulls out at the last minute something might be able to be worked out, otherwise, it will have to wait until the next time we go for a bulk purchase.

All the best,
                            Mal.

Comment

Thanks Mal,

I assumed that I was too late, but thought it was at least worth a try.

Certainly, if any of the group buy members pulls out or finds themselves with more than they need, Im happy to step in. One sheet would get me up and running. Happy to assist with distribution also if needed.

Although Ive been a member for over a year, I only started posting yesterday(!), so Im not sure whether I can send or receive PM/emails from other members; Ill keep an eye out on this thread to see whether any become available.

Regards,
                              Phil

Comment

Working...
                              X