Machine Sex appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Sex appeal

I was thinking about a new machine I wanted and realised all the ones I was interested in were the nice looking machines. Its gotta be a big factor on sales.
    What do you think is the sexiest non commercial machine and the ugliest? I tend to think that Bezzera has them both with the Domus Galatea and the BZ02 - dont like the look of it for some reason. The ECM machines all look nice I think.
    Also is there any machines that you think look terrible but perform really well?

Re: Machine Sex appeal

The Gaggia Classic isnt the prettiest machine (although I like it) but it is a good performer for its price range.

Comment

hahahaha...some of the Bezzeras look pretty ugly...eg BZ99. Another ugly machine would be Silvia.

The GS/3 looks very nice. Most EB-61 and E-61 group machines look decent bar Brewtus, maybe LAnna.

Comment

Silvia is certainly ugly, but I love her anyway. I also have the ugliest tortoiseshell cat, she makes up for her appearance in other ways as well.

Comment

Well Im a "traditionalist".... (probably a sign of mature years :)

The older style machines look far better (I certainly wouldnt call them sexy).... they look more like they are built to serve the purpose for which they are intended...

A lot of modern machines have too much chrome and glitz and glamour for my taste..... I just think the designers have gone over the top with gaudy flair on so many of them.....

After all- as luca so correctly states - "its whats in the cup that counts" and appearance doesnt help with that.

Comment

Originally posted by JavaB link=1179110969/0#4 date=1179112953
            Well Im a "traditionalist".... (probably a sign of mature years :)

The older style machines look far better (I certainly wouldnt call them sexy).... they look more like they are built to serve the purpose for which they are intended...

A lot of modern machines have too much chrome and glitz and glamour for my taste..... I just think the designers have gone over the top with gaudy flair on so many of them.....

After all- as luca so correctly states - "its whats in the cup that counts" and appearance doesnt help with that.
            I agree, I wonder how good machines would be if more money was spent on the workings and less on the "bling".

Comment

thats all part of it though, I think alot of people are just there for the bling.

Comment

what makes you come to that conclusion? who is "alot of people"? CSers....uninformed people?

Comment

who cares about bling flash fashion,
                  just give me the coffee!!!

Although I do love Silvia, shes purdy :P In stainless looking boxy way!

If her coffee was crap Id call her names that Im probably not allowed to say on here

Comment

Looks do count - sportscars arent just made streamlined for the wind resistance, it helps sales a lot too.

Comment

Originally posted by Viviane link=1179110969/0#9 date=1179132856
                      Looks do count - sportscars arent just made streamlined for the wind resistance, it helps sales a lot too.
                      Granted.... some people do choose a coffee machine on looks

but the appeal of driving a great looking sports car (I can remember my teenage years - just :) is different to driving a "bling" coffee machine with respect to its affect on others.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes link=1179110969/0#7 date=1179122323
                        what makes you come to that conclusion? who is "alot of people"? CSers....uninformed people?
                        no not people on here, just the ones with to much money who need something pretty in the kitchen.

Comment

Thats why Im glad I have my partner in the kitchen, shes pretty , cos Im butt ugly
                          Silvias, just well.......shiney

back to that corner again......

Comment

Yes

well you are not my type either

Comment

your not pretty! your butt ugly as well!

there I feel better now.....

what was the topic again?

Comment

Working...
                              X