Easy & Cheap Porta Filter extender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy & Cheap Porta Filter extender

Sick of the mess with my doserless EM0480, I went looking for yoghurt containers to cut down, then I spied these containers in the $2 shop.
    Once cut down they are an exact fit in a 58mm porta filter [ie they clip in nicely] and I personally found them more asetheticly pleasing.

Simply drop into the PF prior to dosing, and it will allow a half dose, tap to compress, finish dose & WDT with minimal spillage.
    Then simply remove it to complete the tamp.

It worked a treat with the Sunbeam.

Best of all, it costs .75c. [actually you get two containers with lids from the $2 shop for $1.50]

Following is a photograph of the container, lid and the cut down extender...

Re: Easy & Cheap Porta Filter extender

Here is the completed extender, sitting nicely [Im sure youll agree] in the porter filter

Comment

when i used my sunbeam, i used a cut out yoghurt cup to do the same thing.... (the sticky black rice dessert container from macro wholefoods fits a treat, and is made from thicker plastic, so lasts).
      same idea though, but it is a bit longer. the upside of it was that the container covered the whole spout, so i could rest it on it, and leave the portafilter while i got the milk etc... not so much a problem with the naked one, but made a good balace for the spouts....

Comment

yep, i use a cut down yoghurt container in my PF to "mess less"...
        works great!

L

Comment

Working...
        X