Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boiler Insulation

Hi All,

Found another source for the Silicone Sponge Rubber Sheet, this time in the USA. It is naturally more expensive than the material we were trying to source out of China but still considerably cheaper than the prices being asked for the same material here in Oz.

I dont want to become involved in organising any Group Buy as such but please feel free to organise this amongst yourselves. The link to the information and pricing catalogue is here at McMaster-Carr Supply Company

Feel free to make your own inquiries or setup another Group Purchase. All the best,

Mal.

Re: Boiler Insulation

Nice one Mal...

Comment

Cant take the credit for digging this up Mark...

I was given a heads-up by CakeBoy from the TMC forum.... one of their contributors happened across it.

Mal.

Comment

I found these guys also in the US.

http://www.ipotec.com/Spshdata.htm

Maybe their price is cheaper....

eg. The Mc master-Carr price was about US$260 for a 0.5"x36"x36" sheet (and thats using the cheapest options such as standard grade etc.)

Comment

If it helps any, Id be willing to provide a US shipping address for the initial purchase, and then forward package(s) along to Oz (provided I dont have to break too many customs laws )

Jim

Comment

Great Offer Jim,

Im pretty well committed to going the fibreglass matting route now but others may well be interested. One would have to think that getting the product from out of the States would have to be easier than our experience with China

Mal.

Comment

Has anyone seen or tried this product? It is called "Buffalo Snow".

I read about it on another site...
              " it melts at 232C, its 100% Polyester and is flame retardant."

http://www.buffalosnow.com/Buffalo_Snow/buffalo_snow.htm

Comment

I wouldnt use it. Under the industrial uses link, it doesnt mention anything about insulation.

Comment

Working...
                X