My New Bialetti Moka Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Bialetti Moka Pot

Hi everybody, my name is Jeremy and i am new to this forum.

I have been reading through all the posts on this site and i would just like to thank all the posters for all the fantastic information, you all seem like a great bunch of people.

I havent been a big coffee drinker in the past because I dont like instant and I dont have access to a good machine. Because i work at home i was looking for a low cost way to make good coffee at home. After reading a lot of posts on this forum I decided to give a Bialetti Moka Express Pot a try, having tried a press pot in the past. Today mine arrived in the mail and i made my first brew using the techniques i have read about on this forum. I used my milk frothing wand and microwave milk to make a cappuccino and i have to say i was extremely happy with the results. As i havent yet purchased a grinder (i intend to get a hand grinder tomorrow) i tested the machine with Harris #5 from the supermarket. I was surprised to find that i enjoyed my brew more then the ones i buy at Gloria Jeans down the road. I cant wait to grind some fresh beans and see what sort of results i can get.

I am only new to the coffee making and i would like to thank you all once again. If it wasnt for your posts I would never have had such good results on my first try.

P.S. Can someone suggest some nice beens to try that suits my equipment? Maybe from one of the sites sponsors.

Cheers

Re: My New Bialetti Moka Pot

Thats great BamBam. Welcome aboard.

You know you can buy roasted beans from this very site:

http://<span style="color:#ff9900">h...ryId=51</span>

Enjoy!

Rob

Comment

Welcome bambam. Its great to hear youve njoyed the forum and can now have a nice cup of coffee whilst reading the posts and participating in the forum.

I agree with Robs advice and think it would be hard to go past the roasted coffee available from this site.

Comment

Wow fantastic,

Problem is i dont know the difference between any of them.  Maybe i should try them all one by one!

Cheers.

Comment

I really love Sumatran Mandheling in milk-based coffee. Mmmmm...

Comment

Hey Bam Bam

Make sure you get a good hand grinder, infact I think the hand grinder suits the Mokka pot perfectly . THe Zassenhaus is probably the best but very dear and impossible to get your hands on. THe next best is probably the Italian Tre Spade which isnt available from site sponsors but some speciality coffee shops for about $120. Thats seems expensive but it will last you a long time.. . The hand grinder is not so great for espresso machines if you ever get the upgrade urge. The cheapies don work so well

i have to agree that beanbay is a great concept and good value. Even if you find a good bean shop you dont know when they were first roasted..

Jason

Comment

Thanks for all the advice Beanhead, Robster and Dennis.

I purchased a hand grinder this morning from the local kitchen shop at Harbour Town here on the Gold Cost. It is a Baccarat with a porcelain grinder, around $40 bucks. I have noticed some other people mentioning it hear and seeing as they had one in stock thought i might give it a go. So far so good. I didnt have time to track down any freshly roasted beans but i purchased some from the local cafe to give it a try and WOW, like 20 times better then the supermarket suff. I can only imagine what it will be like when i get some real premo beans. Only problem is now i dont have an excuse to go out for coffee anymore.

I have attached a picture of the grinder if any one is interested. I would be happy to post more detailed shots if the need arise.

Cheers.

Comment

That looks like the one Hazel has so it should be good.

Comment

haha, just realised that i said "porcelain". I think it is actually ceramic.

Comment

Those baccarat grinders are great. I have every intention on getting one myself when I have the cash to spare (last spare cash went in beanbay - again).

I think I read somewhere that they are made in Italy. Or that Baccarat is an Italian Company.

Comment

Working...
                    X