Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Pullman

Hi All!!

Well were 4 days into having the pleasure of one of Gregs Tampers and Im so pleased with the decision to get one!

The below coffee was made on a plain old 6910 with the only modifications is the Graeme removed and +.2 & +10 on the steam.  Beans used were the LAC Espresso from Coffee Co.

I know some of you will scoff at it, but im pretty impressed with it and its certainly better than anything some excuse of a cafe makes in Karratha. Ive also only had under a week with the machine so itll improve in time

If there is one thing I can now certainly tell people is, get a decent Tamper, its amazing the difference it makes and the consistancy it gives!

Re: My New Pullman

Looks like youve got Dennis lumpy spud perfected.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Great stuff BJ,

Definitely goes well with your Ferrari red SB and yes, I have to agree with you..... A well made, properly fitted Tamper makes a huge difference, out of all proportion to its simplicity and a GP Tamper looks so darn good to boot as well. All the best mate....

Mal.

Comment

Looks like the new cafe friendly handles are available, might have to get me one of those...

Comment

Hey Blaqjaq, I received my new Pullman tamper on Friday and it looks just like yours. Beautiful jarrah handle and it has a nice weight to it! By coincidence, my machine is an EM6910, too(not red though). Espresso is much improved. Now I just have to work on my milk texturing. I hope you have fun with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by takeaim link=1189303228/0#3 date=1189324829
            Looks like the new cafe friendly handles are available, might have to get me one of those...
            These are certainly easier on the hand than some of the earlier ones; but wait till you see the new ones! :-X

Comment

Greg, I really dont think its fair of you to tease us in this way.  When are you going to spill the beans...I mean tampers???? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1189303228/0#6 date=1189389179
                Greg, I really dont think its fair of you to tease us in this way. When are you going to spill the beans...I mean tampers???? :P
                Dennis,

You will just have to be patient....

We will all get to see them when they are available for sale (me included )

Comment

Didnt mean to tease (well... ), but didnt want Takeaim to think these were in fact the new ones. Just refining the last few millimetres before signing off on a final prototype.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Pullman link=1189303228/0#8 date=1189390429
                    Didnt mean to tease (well... ), but didnt want Takeaim to think these were in fact the new ones. Just refining the last few millimetres before signing off on a final prototype.
                    Just for claritys sake, Gregs tamper handles have undergone a few very subtle revisions. I actually bought my tamper way back when they had massively long handles so that you could grip them from the sides. Great idea in theory, but in practice it didnt work out so well. Greg listened to our feedback and chopped the handles down. The next subtle change was making the knob on top a bit more rounded, as per the photo in this thread. So, AFAIK, this is the current "classic" Pullman handle. The prototype cafe friendly tamper is a very different beast.

Greg has been very willing to listen to feedback from the very beginning. I think that the chamfer on the side of the base and the "true tamp" lines were all suggestions from the rogues gallery that Greg knocked up, tested and implemented.

Greg doesnt like to toot his own horn, but I think that he definitely deserves kudos for the little changes that have happened along the way and the thorough research that has gone into making them.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Working...
                    X