Whens the new Pullman coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whens the new Pullman coming?

When are we likely to see the new Pullman Tamper thats been reported here, any idea of price,

Re: Whens the new Pullman coming?

Hi vicroamer,

It is VERY close to release...... so stay tuned.....

Ive seen some pictures of it.... and it is BEAUTIFUL..... Greg had done really well with the re-design.

Not much longer now!!!

Comment

Crikey that was quick ;D

Comment

Originally posted by vicroamer link=1191997646/0#2 date=1191998340
        Crikey that was quick ;D
        All part of the Pullman service to our clients

Comment

Hey Greg,

i am hanging out too, I need to rescue my silvia sized tamper at work to bring home and get a Synesso double basket base / commercial shaped handle for work.

Missing Perth yet. 32 here on saturday.

cheers

Terry

Comment

Hi Terry,

This is the other half of the Pullman empire (also known as JaveB)....

Yep, weather has been beaut here (well until a couple of days ago!). Im sure Greg has settled back into his Adelaide lifestyle - and doesnt even miss us :

The new tampers wont be much longer and Ill be supplying them ex Perth... so I should be able to fill your order quite quickly once I have them in stock. We have Synesso baskets available now for order from the website - ridged and ridgeless double baskets and single baskets as well.

Comment

Hi JavaB,

are the synesso baskets all over the place size wise. I have two doubles on the work machine (obviously came with the machine and never use the singles) I would prefer not having to buy two new baskets unless you can recommend that the ridgeless baskets are better.

cheers

Terry

Comment

Terry,

The Synessos are pretty consistent - especially the ridgeless baskets which are amazingly consistent.

I personally prefer the ridgeless and have been using one in my La Cimbali for about a month now..... the main thing I like about them (compared to most other baskets - not just Synesso ridged) - is that the wall is perfectly straight and parallel from the rim of the basket to well below any level you would ever tamp to......

Makes for a beautifully fitting tamper and a truly great tamp.....

As you can tell.... Im very impressed by them..... the ridged are also good... but my personal preference is clear : :

Comment

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1192048511]This Thread[/link]

Comment

Good question VC! I took delivery of the first off-tool sample yesterday from which the final dimensions will be confirmed but its looking good so far. I was hoping to have them on the shelves this month, but while production of 75% of it should be done within the month, one supplier is really holding the show up > so I dont think thats going to happen. Ive actually had to start that part again with someone else as the first mob were so slack, but the second lot dont appear a whole lot better so far If only they realised how many people theyre holding up! ;D

So much as Id like to name a date, I wont as I cant promise others are as prompt as we try to be. What I can say is the design has been at least two years in the making, there have been at least six rounds of prototypes, the design had input from the baristi at (including) Epic Espresso, Velvet Espresso, Maling Room, Veneziano and St Ali (none have seen the final product so dont run to them to get spy pics or anything! ), and its going to be the best tamper I can put together for its intended purpose. So if youre after a tamper and youre not in a particular hurry for one, Id recommend waiting to at least see the newie and then decide which style you want - the Deluxe tamper (existing) or the ______ tamper (new one - name under embargo )

Greg

Comment

prototype tamper base 2 with prototype handle 1...winnerrrrr

Comment

Nope, better than both!

Comment

Will it replace the existing tamper
                          i.e. sell for the same price or will it be priced higher

Comment

Originally posted by vicroamer link=1191997646/0#12 date=1192084951
                            Will it replace the existing tamper
                            i.e. sell for the same price or will it be priced higher

The new tamper will not replace the existing tamper...... both will be sold.

Price - you will just have to wait for that - sorry. That and the appearance of the tamper will only be known at its release (unless Greg feels VERY generous!)

Comment

Hopefully they will be out before Christmas.

I was going to treat myself to one shortly, but now Im holding off to see what the new ones are like.

Comment

Working...
                              X