Synesso baskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synesso baskets

We have Synesso baskets available now for order from the website - ridged and ridgeless double baskets and single baskets
    Cant find these baskets on your web site can you point me in the right direction.

Re: Whens the new Pullman coming?

Originally posted by vicroamer link=1191997646/0#9 date=1192048510
    Cant find these baskets on your web site can you point me in the right direction.

Yep,

Just go to:

http://www.coffeetamper.com.au/order.php

and then click on the dropdown box arrow in the column "Product" (currently shows "none") - it will bring up a list of items you can purchase - including the baskets,

Comment

OK which do you suggest for a Silvia ridged or ridgeless 8-)

Comment

With all this talk about the synesso ridgeless double basket, can someone post a pic of that basket? Thanks..

Comment

Re: Synesso baskets

Here you are.....

The first photo shows the both views of the basket....

You should be able to see the parallel straight sides - and they are PERFECTLY round!!

This second is a close up of the basket. Note the machined bottom surface. They are VERY well made baskets!!!

Any queries, please ask.

Comment

Originally posted by vicroamer link=1192048511/0#2 date=1192068405
            OK which do you suggest for a Silvia ridged or ridgeless 8-)

Id suggest a ridgeless for the Silvia - but the Silvia spring is kind of weak and wont hold the basket as firm as it should- it will still work but the basket might come out with the spent puck . You would therfore need to also order a Synesso portafilter spring (which fits in the Silvia groove perfectly) to replace your existing one.

Or if you order the ridged.... your existing spring will be fine.

Now back to roasting some more beans

Comment

Thanks for posting those pics.
              Just another question are they the same as bezzera basket #5471009 that other members have recommanded in the past or are this basket different ones?

Cheers

Comment

Cafe zeenuts

These are 100% genuine Synesso baskets as supplied and used in the Synesso machines - one of the best machines in the world IMHO. It is the closest Ill ever come to owning a Synesso.

So nope, not the same as a Bezzera or any other basket.... but may look similar.... and are fantastic to use..... Im very impressed by both the quality of manufacture and also the resultant "nectar"...

But I wouldnt expect any less from baskets designed for and used in machines costing around a 5 figure amount!!

Comment

Would a ridgless suit my Expobar?
                  How would you it rate compared to the LM ridged?

Comment

Thundergod,

Firstly my personal preference has always been to use ridgeless baskets....

But I am super impressed by the Synesso ridgeless.... the walls are so straight and the basket is perfectly round..... so the tamper fits beautifully.

Ive checked each and every Synesso we have in stock and Im amazed at the quality of the double ridgeless compared to the LMs.....

I think stamping in the ridge distorts the basket - ever so slightly and the ridge must also play havoc with the tamping right at the point of the ridge (these are only my personal assumptions).

The ridgeless will fit your Expobar..... the only issue is how strong is the spring in the PF..... there is no ridge to hold these basket in so if the spring is a bit weak, they might come out with the spent puck.... There is a stronger spring available by the way on the website.

Ive been using one for a month now in the La Cimbali..... Ive had some of the best shots Ive ever had from my machine using this basket..... and the spent puck comes out so easily (and cleanly)....

Im definitely a fan of these baskets.

Robin.

Comment

All this talk of these baskets makes me want one for Christmas, with a matching "new" pullman to match of course I probably couldnt justify another tamper except as a Christmas present. I guess I will have to bump up my 13-month-olds pocket money so she can get me one.

Comment

Same thought Brett.

Robin, would you check my records please on the off chance that my existing tamper is a perfect fit for a Synesso ridgless basket.

Comment

Thundergod,

Please PM me your surname and Ill let you know.

Robin.

Comment

Thundergod: I just checked through the system and found your order, and your existing base is about 0.5mm too small. However if youre really keen on the Synessos you can buy just a base to fit your existing handle, or we can arrange an exchange if you dont want to hang on to your old one. Email us if youre interested.

Greg

Comment

I had the same thought today about just getting a new base, but with the new design coming I could get a whole new tamper and know which one goes with which basket.

Comment

Working...
                              X