Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck basket

hi all

I have a bit of a problem with my La cimbali domus, probably due to lack of maintainence by the previous owner, the hard to get a proper replacement basket is stuck fast

anyone have any ideas on how I can persuade it to come loose? it has a slot in the PF to help lever it out but this is just damaging the lip of the basket, I thought about using a punch through the spouts but that is a last resort as I think it will be easy to damage

ive tried soaking in the coffee parts machine cleaner but only for a few hours, perhaps I need longer?

Re: stuck basket

Soaking it overnight in hot cleaner is a start to dissolve any gum thats probably hindering things, give it a swirl every now and then. Two screwdrivers next to each other will add more force across a greater area so the basket should escape too much damage. Otherwise try removing the PF spouts and push something round in there like the round end of a pencil or one with an eraser attached or something, at the same time as levering the basket up with a screwdriver.

Comment

Working...
    X