Which Jura to buy TODAY???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Jura to buy TODAY???

Hi all. My bro-in-laws Saeco Incanto broke down one too many times and hes given me free reign to go out and find a suitable super-auto to replace it with. I have to do this today or tomorrow morning (Sat/Sun) for a party tomorrow night.

On the basis of reviews and advice on this site, I bought a C5 this year and love it. I want to get him a Jura for around $3,000 and was thinking of the Z5? Its for home use only, and his criteria are simple, get me the MOST reliable super-auto thats as easy to use as the Saeco. Im open to suggestion and could possibly stretch to $3500.

Any advice or suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks!

Re: Which Jura to buy TODAY???

Its a shame you have that much money to spend and dont want to actually buy a real coffee machine.

I dont know if youll get too much advice from members here on super autos. Most people tend to have machines that have real groupheads and grinders that are separate from the machine.

With superautos, I cant honestly believe that youll ever get as good a coffee out of them as we can on a proper espresso machine. And as for milk frothing... :

And if youre having such reliability issues with a superauto, well, youll suffer next to none with an espresso machine.

Comment

I have always thought that if youre too lazy to make a coffee, you should find a good cafe and get somebody to do it for you :P

If you really have to go down the superauto route, Jura is the best way but you will be unlikely to get any better than a satisfactory - good coffee out of it- ever, assuming that is is actually correctly set up. As for auto-sludgers, purrrlease :.

These machines are good for offices where nobody wants to get involved or clean. I guess bosses reckon that they keep bums on seats and out of cafes. Next well want an auto stove to do the meat and 3 veg...

Cosmorex and Gilkatho are site sponsors and both sell Jura- as well as other much more more interesting things. It looks to me like a Z5 is more like $3.5k though....

What a shame though, because those $$$ would get you a seriously beautiful stainless steel and chrome machine, a piece of functional, elegant design, as well a great grinder and still leave plenty of cash for some quality tuition...

You would never look back....However if you have to spend $3.5k on plastic, go for it....

Comment

Yeah, we know that super autos are a compromise, and when the $3500 Jura craps out, my brother in law will buy something else. Hes not after the best coffee, hes after a quick coffee.

That being said, back to my original post ; )

Is the Z5 the best super auto in this price range?

Comment

Hi Pat,

As scoots said most of us dont have superautos so our collective knowledge of whats good isnt that great. Were after good quality coffee rather than a quick caffeine fix which hundreds of mediocre cafes can provide just as easily and a lot cheaper, and thats why we have semi-auto machines and grinders.

But if you need a superauto in your situation, then as Chris said, Jura is supposed to be one of the better brands and if youve got that sort of money and the Z5 is around that price Id say go for it. You may find another manufacturer who has a machine around that price but its unlikely to be of the quality of a Jura. Not sure where youre located but if youre in a hurry then get onto CosmoreX (ACT) or Gilkatho (QLD) ASAP, Saturdays not a good day to be doing this unfortunately. You may get a response if youre quick but I dont know their hours. Alternatively see if you can hire a real coffee machine for the party, and if you know how to use it you may find he changes his mind when he sees what a real one can do!

Greg

Comment

Thanks Greg - sage advice.

Comment

If you are in Canberra area come and see me NOW hehe, we are having a sale and are open until 2pm.

If you are not, well, you have a choice of S9 or Z5 or Xs-90 wherever you can find them.

The 2 most suitabe for the home are S9 & Z5 as they are the smallest.

The Z5 is more advanced in design, much quieter in operation, and has the one button cappuccino function (ie milk and coffee pouring into cup at one position). It also offers more choices, but as you have noted it costs a little more (and besides who needs that many choices...most of us make coffee only one way, ad infinitum)!

Its up to you really, theyre both the crem de la crem of autos.

Goodluck,
              FC.

Comment

I second what Greg said.
                Hire something for the party if hes got that much money to burn and give yourselves more time to make a good decision for a longer term purchase.

If he determined to buy a superauto then Jura has the best reputation.

Do contact the sponsors as theyll give you the best advice.

People, I know we dont like superautos but Pat acknowledged their limitations and said his brothers requirements are quick not best coffee.

So given the criteria I think we could make our point but still answer the original question without giving the OP too much grief.

Good luck with it Pat.

Comment

Hah hah hah THANKS Thundergod for answering my questions.

Yep, Im normally in Canberra, and was actually in Cosmorex buying beans on Tuesday, but Im in the country visting family this weekend.

Looks like the Z5 is the way to go. Thanks again to all respondents.

Comment

Agree TG, hopefully my comments came across in that light.

PMC, if youre in ACT, even if youre in the country how long would it take you to get back into Canberra? CosmoreX will look after you, so youd probably end up spending more in the long run from a less reputable supplier than itll cost to head into Canberra and pick one up, and youll have the peace of mind of knowing youve got a good supportive supplier behind you, who seems to be local to where you normally are which is another bonus, plus youll get the machine you want by the time you need it. Sounds like you cant go wrong!

Greg

Comment

Okay,

How about a Vibiemme Domobar Auto

As others state here, the Juras are by far the best out of the super-autos usually sold. All 3 that cosmorex suggest are a safe bet for what youre doing imo - and the Z5 will do that nice sludgy milk too!

Comment

The hire thing has to be the way to go, it takes the desperation element out of it and allows time for carefull and informed consideration... And having done that then my suggestion is to have a good long look at the many well presented "Rolls Royce" second hand multiple group machines that will simply rock your world and completely gob smack your guests....

Ray.

Comment

Working...
                        X