Questions about Eurolab El5001l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Eurolab El5001l

Hi folks, I just bought a second hand Eurolab EL5001. There was no manual so perhaps someone can help me with the following two issues. How can I change the grinding size of the coffee beans - at the moment, the ground is very coarse. Also, is the water pressing through the coffee metal thing stopping automatically, or do I have to just push the coffee button again - currently I push the button again when I think I have enough water, but there are quite some water remainders in the metal thing (is there a name for that coffee metal thing?).
    Thanks, Chris

Re: Questions about Eurolab El5001l

Chris, Chris, Chris, I regretfully have to inform you that you have bought yourself a christmas tree decoration or a door stop, paper weight, boat anchor, dog chew toy etc... etc... etc...

These things just simply dont make anything close to reasonable coffee, have a good read of the multitude of wealth contained in the myriad of threads and posts displayed on this site for all to see, its there for you and me so that we end up better informed and more the wiser...... Ray

Comment

The coffee that comes out of that machine is very good. I just have questions about above. Also, there is no information about the EL5001 on this website. Also, you seem not to know how to use the Internet effectively as it is common knowledge that you should not trust arbitrary reviews from unknown people on untrusted website. People that had negative experience are more likely to post something in reviews. At best you end up with an uninformed opinion that reflects a handful of misfortunate people.
      Chris

Comment

Theres probably a very good reason why theres no information on it on this web site.

Enjoy your machine my friend........ Ray.

Comment

Chris while what you say is true about negative reviews being found more often, I think youll struggle to find any positive ones on this appliance.

The closest Ive found so far was one that said it made good coffee while it lasted.

Unfortunately these are built to a price.
          They are a throw away item.
          The main supplier has a reputation for selling a lot of cheap imports.

I tried buying something from them once and never again.
          Despite the fact that the item never worked from the time I received it, they avoided their responsibilities for months until I finally obtained a refund with the help of Fair Trading.

So two things:

1 - Built cheaply
          2 - No support

They have a 30 day warranty.
          What does that tell you?

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

Ray, you speak in riddles - what is the very good reason?

Comment

Originally posted by xtg link=1197067224/0#0 date=1197067224
              ... (is there a name for that coffee metal thing?).
              Thanks, Chris
              A portafilter

Comment

Thundergod, sure, reviews are not good. I also agree that info found on the net seems grim, and that a 30 day warranty raises questions. I got this machine for 15$, and as I said before, the coffee coming out of it is very good. BTW, I think that for a first machine, it is quite suitable, I also think that starting with a cheaper machine (which may make trouble) is part of learning how to appreciate the better features of better machines. Folks that *start* with a 3000$ machine are spoilt and I think many do not have the appreciation or understanding of the many features of the better machines. You are welcome to disagree.

I am still hoping for first hand experience with this machine, would be grateful!

Chris

Comment

Chris, for starters you stated "People that had negative experience are more likely to post something in reviews. At best you end up with an uninformed opinion that reflects a handful of misfortunate people."

Well thats quite obviously not the case here, this is not an "arbitrary review from unknown people on an untrusted website." as quoted by you also.

The majority of reviews on this site are on the positive side, however I do sincerely apologise for offending you, it was meant as constructive criticism and I can see how you have taken offense to it, may I suggest a wider search on the www for more information on this particular appliance.

Ray.

Comment

As a starting point I agree it is the beginning of a learning curve.
                    Im glad you didnt pay much for it.
                    It will hurt less when it dies.

And as I only started with a $2000 machine I wont take offence at your "spoilt" comment.

Oh, I do disaagree; I do have an appreciation and understanding of the many features of the better machines.
                    Thats why I have one.
                    Mind you, Im an auditor by both profession and nature, so did a LOT of research before buying.

Can you contact the seller to at least ask about how to change the grind?

Comment

Hi Chris,
                      Your other option would be to let us know where in Oz you are, Im sure there is a local CSr that can hook-up with you for a fiddle session with the machine.

Us CSrs just LOVE to fiddle.

Comment

Thanks Andy, I am in Elwood near Ormond Road. Anyone interested in experimenting with the machine? You are welcome!
                        Chris

Comment

Hi Chris I had a eurolab Machine which I bought from ebay for $99. I payed for it but they said they didnt have any so I got my money back, then they sent it anyway so it cost $0.The way to adjust the grind is to simply pull the plastic housing apart with a screwdriver and on the grinder part there is a metal stopper remove it .you then have a varible grinder becareful not to adjust to fine or the cutters will hit.
                          P.S I DONT KNOW IF YOURS IS THE SAME AS ONE I HAD

Comment

Hi Chris,

I got one of these machines late last year as a birthday present. Sad to say it lasted 3 months as the heating element died. With a 30 day warranty all I could do is throw it in the bin. >

I do agree with you in the fact that you think it makes good coffee as I thought this when I made my first coffees from it as a beginner.

Over the past 12 months I have learnt so much about coffee, it preparation its pour and it flavours and now look back at the Eurolab and just shake my head and think to myself what was I thinking. The thing is I didnt know any better as the stuff I was drinking from the Eurolab tasted like the same stuff they give you at the local shopping centre eatery and that to me now is well lets say undesirable.

I have since upgraded twice and now have the Sunbeam EM6910. The Eurolab did get me started at a very cheap price and began my passion in coffee, so for $99 it was probably a good investment and in your case $15 is a very good start to get you appreciating coffee more.

I am sure you will look back as I did as you learn more about coffee and laugh at where you started. Anyway onto some of the points you wanted some advice on.

The grinder part I can recall had a button on the top next to the plastic cylinder where your bean go in, press the button and turn the cyclinder around. (No need to unscrew anything) You will soon work out which direction to turn the plastic cylinder for finer or courser grinds.

As for the buttons, Press the button to start the pour and press it again when you want the pour to finish.

The world of Coffee has a wonderful journey ahead so just enjoy the ride and hope you learn lots along the way.

Steve 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by xtg link=1197067224/0#7 date=1197076985
                              Thundergod, sure, reviews are not good. I also agree that info found on the net seems grim, and that a 30 day warranty raises questions. I got this machine for 15$, and as I said before, the coffee coming out of it is very good. BTW, I think that for a first machine, it is quite suitable, I also think that starting with a cheaper machine (which may make trouble) is part of learning how to appreciate the better features of better machines. Folks that *start* with a 3000$ machine are spoilt and I think many do not have the appreciation or understanding of the many features of the better machines. You are welcome to disagree.

I am still hoping for first hand experience with this machine, would be grateful!

Chris

Ill do a side by side comparison between your eurolab and my $600 approx Gaggia Classic. I know what will come out better.

I take offense at the remark that I have highlighted. Not everyone on this site is spoilt, nor do they have $3000 coffee machines. The majority of people here started with basic, cheap machines and worked their way up. I am not spoilt, I had to save to buy my equipment. When the time comes to upgrade, I will have to save for a long time to get what I want. I went without a lot of things to get my equipment as have many others here.

Comment

Working...
                              X