I have no idea what machine this is!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no idea what machine this is!!

Hi, my wife bought some some aluminium coffee making machine, from a garage sale. Can someone please tell me what it is and how I take all the barnicles off from inside the chamber. thanks

Re: I have no idea what machine this is!!

Originally posted by markally link=1201259651/0#0 date=1201259651
    Hi, my wife bought some some aluminium coffee making machine, from a garage sale. Can someone please tell me what it is and how I take all the barnicles off from inside the chamber. thanks
    Hi Markally and welcome.

What you have there is actually an aluminium coffee making machine. ;D

Jokes aside, my crystal ball thinks it might be an atom. Would probably help if you could take a pic and post it here.

Cleaning sde of things could be a bit painful. Dont use anything acidic as it will attack the aluminium as well as tarnishing it. Industrial methylated spirits works but then you would need to get rid of that before having coffee.

Youll need a combined descaling and cleaning solution. These are available from some of the sponsors on the left eg. Coffee Parts, Cosmorex.

Comment

ps. Just thought of something. Try rubbing the outside with your sleeve. If a gene appears its not a coffee machine. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by markally link=1201259651/0#0 date=1201259651
        Hi, my wife bought some some aluminium coffee making machine, from a garage sale.  Can someone please tell me what it is and how I take all the barnicles off from inside the chamber.  thanks
        yes, Im intrigued also ... by its sea-borne journey to attract bloody barnacles! :-?

photos please (pre-rub thanks Dennis ;D)

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1201259651/0#1 date=1201261267
          Dont use anything acidic as it will attack the aluminium as well as tarnishing it. Industrial methylated spirits works but then you would need to get rid of that before having coffee.
          Id also be very careful not to use anything on the other side of the pH scale either, caustic solutions will rapidly attack aluminium, even more so than acidic compounds. Probably get some Alloy Wheel Cleaner/Polish from your local automotive suppliers and a bit of elbow grease. Lots of flushing out afterwards to make sure all nasties are gone....

Mal.

Comment

Markally, more description and, preferably, a picture, would stop us all scurrying for the crystal balls as Dennis said.

(Maybe it belonged to SpongeBob SquarePants) ;D

Comment

Darn Robusto,

Everybody picks on poor old SpongeBob. :P

But, yes, we do need a pic .... my crystal ball is broken.

b4b.

Comment

I guess this turned out to be an old oil lamp after all ;D

Comment

is it a machine...or could it be a cafetierra/moka pot/stove top?

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1201259651/0#4 date=1201273947
                    Probably get some Alloy Wheel Cleaner/Polish from your local automotive suppliers and a bit of elbow grease. Lots of flushing out afterwards to make sure all nasties are gone....
                    dont do this, not only is most of it seriously alkaline (to eat brake dust) most are that harmful they dont actually recommend using it on bare alloy, some can turn it yellow

maybe some wadding polish on the outside to pretty it up but nothing harsher

Comment

Working...
                    X