Beautiful Rancilio - but what is it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Rancilio - but what is it??

Anyone got info on this Rancilio? Beautiful, yes....but thats about all I know about it... What make...how old....price...quality etc....anyone? :-)

Re: Beautiful Rancilio - but what is it??

Hmm, cant help you there, but with the price of copper nowadays, its probably worth a bit

Comment

ok, for real though, its a Rancilio Omicron Z11 series

Comment

Excellent! Thank you. But now for the tricky part: Age...how old could this machine be? Its not quite like the "modern" z11-machines, is it? I mean, look at the front panel....and how much would it be wort?....

Comment

But why for you ask? Are you thinking of buying it? is it something that struck your fancy in a nearby cafe?

I think if you are asking the forums assistance, the forum is entitled to know why.

Comment

:-) No secrets here, of course. Im thinking of buying it, but do not know what to pay for it. And in addition, Ive no user-knowledge of Rancilio, only Pavoni (and I love Pavoni...).

Comment

hi
              this is a Rancilio Z9 manufactured after 1974
              there should be a manufactureres plate on the machine which will give the model.
              the Z9 had harsher lines, side panels that stuck out, smaller touchpads, oval steam / water knobs, larger drain tray, different boiler etc
              good old machine
              looks fantastic

Comment

i have original parts info, wiring diagrams and programming for the level cards, and some of the original HX seals etc if you need
                graham

Comment

Brilliant! Z9.. .... this is getting more and more like a treasure-hunt. And Im playing the part of the dum-dum...:-P . Q: Why cant I find anything on Z9 3 group on the Internet? I find plenty on Z9 2 group... but nothing on this.... Is it rare?....

Comment

Personally I reckon it would look better in stainless, the copper would turn green with tarnish in no time flat. Anyway beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it sure is intriguing though, Ive seen nothing like it..........

Ray.

Comment

How true...the beauty of beauty (!) is that its truly in the eye of the beholder....however...keep in mind that this machine is aged 30+, and still not green ;-)...The machine sort of gives me the feeling of a lost era, something like Morricones masterwork "Once upon a time in America".......and yes, intriguing is the right word...I am, however, still interested to know what I should pay for this objet dart ;-)....anyone?....this treasure hunt has so far resulted in the knowledge that the machine is a Z9, and that the info on 3 group Z9s on the net is...err...absent.. Thrilling....But...again: anyone with more info? price?

Comment

I did a bit of research myself and came up with this; click on the link, intriguing indeed... Ray.

http://www.mrcappuccino.com/images/gold1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mrcappucc
                        ino.com/ranspecial.htm&h=293&w=283&sz=18&hl=en&start=54&um =1&tbnid=K4Z7y5-SXGuStM:&tbnh=115&tbnw=111&prev=/images%3Fq%3DRancilio%2BZ11%2Bespresso%2Bmachine%2 6start%3D36%26ndsp%3D18%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26clien t%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26sa%3DN

Sorry guys and gals you will have to copy and paste the whole thing into your browser..............Ray.

Comment

Research is fun...I too found that page...but the machines pictured there are the Z11-series, and this is (presumably) the z9-series. Although similar, it looks as if the side panels are "sharper" and not plastic...and the front panel is different, along with the spill trays.... The best Ive found so far is a 2 group Z9 with dome:

http://www.espressoplus.com/machines/UsedEquipment/RancilioZ92Grp_big.jpg

Nice, eh?...But the quest continues...

Comment

http://www.mrcappuccino.com/images/gold1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mrcappucc
                            ino.com/ranspecial.htm&h=293&w=283&sz=18&hl=en&start=54&um =1&tbnid=K4Z7y5-SXGuSt
                            M:&tbnh=115&tbnw=111&prev=/images%3Fq%3DRancilio%2BZ11%2Bespresso%2Bmachine%2 6st
                            art%3D36%26ndsp%3D18%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3 Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla
                            :en-USShockedfficial%26sa%3DN

Try this one...........

Comment

http://www.freewebs.com/tim01236987456987123/imgres.htm

After heaps of stuffing about with this I think weve made a link that works... Ray.

Comment

Working...
                              X