Tamper #2000 promotion - discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamper #2000 promotion - discussion

This thread is for any member discussion on the promotion as described in http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163933751/0#4.

Greg

Re: Tamper #2000 promotion - discussion

For 1kg of green beans I might be persuaded to disclose the number on my tamper that I received about two weeks ago...... but then again... I might just like to keep that number quiet for...... erm a kg of green beans  MWaahaahaahah!!  [smiley=evil.gif]  

Comment

Hmm......what if someone is only buying handles because they already have a base....or what if someone is only buying bases because they have different filter baskets..........

Comment

Gavin,

The first part of your query is easy..... the unique number is stamped on the base.... so no base.... no serial number. Some customers do buy more than one handle.... but it is the bases which are counted.

So if you buy a base.... and it happens to be base 2000 - and you fulfil the other criteria - then yes, you will get your order free (however if you HAD ordered a handle at the same time as the base - you would have got that free as well!!!)

So the orders are determined purely by bases.... if you dont order a base then you dont have a chance of winning....

Good luck everyone.

Robin.

Comment

now to find ways of using 50dollar chucks of metal around the house..........

Comment

We recently heard a story from one of our resellers in Victoria. Apparently the dress shop across the road frequent their premises for coffee on a regular basis and bought three tampers to use as weights for holding the material in place! Expensive paperweights, but theres one use for you! :

Comment

Hey Greg,

Congratulations - PEA is starting to sound like the BHP of the coffee accessories world.

Im sure that prospective purchasers might like to know how the Wenge stocks are holding up.

Still cant wait for the new tamper,

Luca

Comment

Luca,

We still have some stocks of Wenge handles.... but not many!

Comment

Originally posted by luca link=1208762178/0#6 date=1208776980
                  Hey Greg,

Congratulations - PEA is starting to sound like the BHP of the coffee accessories world.

Im sure that prospective purchasers might like to know how the Wenge stocks are holding up.

Still cant wait for the new tamper,

Luca
                  Without going too far OT, its certainly getting closer. It always is, but almost close enough to feel its real now. Hopefully itll beat the end of the financial year

Greg

Comment

It must have been posted just after you dispatched my tamper yesterday. Dont know if I can justify a new one just yet. (havent used the one you sent)

Comment

Luca,

We still have some stocks of Wenge handles.... but not many!

I love my wenge handle - sometimes I just catch myself staring at it!

Is that weird? I think Im weird.

Comment

Yes youre weird.

Comment

yep,..weird.

Comment

From the PEA Sponsor thread:
                            Originally posted by Pullman Espresso Accessories link=1163933751/4#4 date=1208762148
                            <snip>
                            If you happen to order a checkerboard handle with custom engraving and a hundred filter baskets, and you happen to be the lucky one, its all yours for nix!

<snip>

in the case of an order for three tampers and six filter baskets, two of the filter baskets would be free
                            I dont really get how the second bit works, but it seems like it might contradict the first bit... Or am I just out of caffeine reserves?

Comment

Sammus,

We all need more caffeine!!

Say you order 3 complete tampers and 6 baskets and 6 springs.....

Only one of the three will be order 2000..... the others will be say 1999 and 2001...... So the tamper which has the base with 2000 stamped on it is free - the other two arent ..... thats the easy bit!

So what do we do with the baskets and springs.... well 1 of the 3 tampers is free.... so will be 1 in 3 of the baskets and springs.... ie you get 2 free and you will pay for 4.....

Iif someone was thinking of ordering 20 tampers and hoping to get them all free :.... forget it!!! Only the tamper with 2000 stamped on the base is free..... so if it is part of your order for 20 - it is free.... the other 19 you pay for (and pro-rata on the other parts of the order).....

Hope thats clear (and not as clear as mud).

And just anticipating another query.......

If you order 3 tampers, one with a Wenge handle and engraving and two with plain jarrah handles.... and one of these gets the 2000th base..... which one will be free?

OK when the handles are ordered they appear on my order details in the same order they were purchased..... so if the Wenge handle and engraving was entered first.... and the first base in the order is the free one - so will be all the bits relating to that i.e. the first handle (Wenge with engraving)..... The winner will be able to go into the web store and confirm that as he has received bases 2000, 2001 and 2002 that the first handle on his order will be the free one.... and the other two will be at the normal price......

Each base ordered is treated as a seperate order in our system...... even if it is part of one larger order generated by the purchaser.....

Robin

Comment

Working...
                              X