X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Coffee Equipment do you all have - Part 3

Originally posted by 5C4B5351380 link=1212406574/149#149 date=1326266185
    Originally posted by 4841524C414E4A200 link=1212406574/148#148 date=1326265719
    (yes, I have to live with the knife block in the middle of my "cafe"....Angry)
    Get a magnet knife rack mounted on the wall and save yourself the bench space  8-)
    Thats a fine idea! We dont use the useless sharpener on the block anyway. Why didnt I think of this? :P

Comment

Originally posted by 4D445749444B4F250 link=1212406574/150#150 date=1326266331
      harlanj wrote Today at 5:08pm:
      (yes, I have to live with the knife block in the middle of my "cafe"....Angry)

Get a magnet knife rack mounted on the wall and save yourself the bench space Cool

Thats a fine idea! We dont use the useless sharpener on the block anyway. Why didnt I think of this? Tongue
      Glad you approve!

Tend to be better on the knives anyway - putting them in the block blade down can blunt them, and if they are damp, they can corrode in there. I think they look cooler too.

Just make sure its in a safe location.

Comment

Finally got my new set up delivered and after a bit of a struggle with the grinder got it somewhat up and running 

Sadly the bread maker isnt for roasting 

Might try going down the popper route though in the not too distant future

Comment

Originally posted by 6E54515853497F527F3D0 link=1212406574/152#152 date=1326726257
          Finally got my new set up delivered and after a bit of a struggle with the grinder got it somewhat up and running Shocked
          Nice nook SB, I like the colour coordinated tile trim!

It can take a while to get into a coffee routine that works for you.

Good work mate!

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

Originally posted by 61766E6C050 link=1212406574/153#153 date=1326752913

Nice nook SB, I like the colour coordinated tile trim!

It can take a while to get into a coffee routine that works for you.

Good work mate!

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Thanks mate,

haha didnt even realise the matching tiles myself, will have to make sure all rentals I move into now match my set up in the future :P

Yeah I can already tell its going to be a long journey on the search for the perfect shot... was so frustrated last night when I couldnt get the grinder to go fine... quick clean and some decent beans and I managed to choke the Silvia this morning

Comment

Stick with it SB. If you can tame the Silvia you can use any machine, but the trials are certaintly worth it.

Its funny you also become probably harder on yourself as you go without realising it.

MY Fiance who has always liked my coffee but not made a big deal about it came home after Gloria Jeans and said she felt physically ill by there coffee. But the other people at the table just though she was perhaps being dare I say a bit of a snob? lol

Enjoy the journey.

P.s. Im posting up a pic of my baby tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by 393228332936343D5A0 link=1212406574/155#155 date=1326765224
                Stick with it SB. If you can tame the Silvia you can use any machine, but the trials are certaintly worth it.

Its funny you also become probably harder on yourself as you go without realising it.

MY Fiance who has always liked my coffee but not made a big deal about it came home after Gloria Jeans and said she felt physically ill by there coffee. But the other people at the table just though she was perhaps being dare I say a bit of a snob? lol

Enjoy the journey.

P.s. Im posting up a pic of my baby tonight!
                Cheers, Id heard the Silvia can be a hard mistress to tame before I made the plunge to buy one.

Even though Im not good at making a decent coffee yet Im still a snob ;D I refuse to buy a coffee at my local shops as I cant get a decent one. Got sick of paying for the privilege of drinking a flat white with burnt milk at the Gloria Jeans near me >

Look forward to seeing your set up!

Comment

Hi Snobs,

Probably seen me around the traps but was yet to post up my setup in this board and thought Id show her off as every time I persuade her to make a coffee she definitely brings the goods and Im proud as punch.

Rocking the following setup:

- Currentt model Giotto Evo (about 5 months old)
                  - Mazzer Mini - e Type B
                  - Espro Jugs (Starting to figure them out now even though had thm a while)
                  - Pullman Barista
                  - Coffee designs tamping station

And he she is ... 8-) like staring at the sun isnt it.

Comment

Impressive InTheCup!

A guy can get a serious case of machine envy around this place

Comment

For what its worth I had a Silvia just before this one and loved it just as much so if you have questions post them around the board and Ill be sure to help where I can.

Comment

Originally posted by 5E554F544E51535A3D0 link=1212406574/159#159 date=1326783558
                        For what its worth I had a Silvia just before this one and loved it just as much  so if you have questions post them around the board and Ill be sure to help where I can.
                        Thanks mate, appreciate it!

Comment

I reckon its about time a BES900 made it in here:

Comment

Loving the setup. Does the Smart get much use? ;D.

Comment

Originally posted by 53584259435C5E57300 link=1212406574/162#162 date=1326853537
                              Loving the setup. Does the Smart get much use? ;D.
                              Cheers, the SG is only used for decaf, so no not a lot of use....

Comment

Hi all, a new snob2be as obvious by the post count. Love the pictures of the sun and have been reading for a couple of weeks in the forums to gather what will be my next step in coffee hardware. The head gasket on the KR@PS has gone again, probably my fault for not cleaning fastidious enough.

I would like to experiment with roasting beans (behmor looks tempting) and extract a great espresso for affogato. Cant afford a top model coffee machine as yet so a second hand Silvia or Lelit is on the cards. Is the Silvia really that hard to use or is it more of an adjustment period? Start again with the grinder too?

Not holding my breath of matching with these tiles as SB did with his machine  ;D

Cheers, Ernie

Comment

Working...
                                X