Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get 6oz cappuccino cups in Australia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get 6oz cappuccino cups in Australia?

I am having a lot of trouble finding interesting (ie not plain white) cappuccino cups that are smaller than the common 8.5oz/250ml size on any Australian websites. Can anyone suggest any Australia suppliers. I will import them if necessary but would prefer to stay local to avoid the excessing shipping and extra delivery time.

Re: Where can I get 6oz cappuccino cups in Austral

Rio coffee (in SA) are the distributors for the ACF cups in Australia and usually have a good range of the tulip and bowl shaped in many different colours.

Comment

i looked on their site the other day - it is not up and running which is annoying!!!

Try Veneziano - I bought a few from them. They are great.

Comment

Darn -- you got my hopes up -- but all I see on the Veneziano website are white ones! Did they used to have other colors?

(coz I too would like some bowl-shaped cappa cups, but am so not into white crockery )

Comment

Try giving Veneziano a call - their website only shows what they have in stock but I believe they have a shipment of black and brown ACF cups coming in soon...

Comment

Talk about horses for courses! I love my white crockery and it took me ages to find exactly what I was looking for in white. All it seemed I kept finding was coloured!!! Now you cant find coloured - only white. I think it is the curse of the non compromising perfectionist - keep searching and youll prevail. The frustration will be worth the effort.

As for 6 oz, whilst my stuff is all white the range I eventually settled on via a commercial supplier had cups in 4 sizes including (approx) 6 oz. Unfortunately (I just checked) they dont make anything but white.

I cant say for sure and certain but Ive been in a chainy type kitchenware store called "Wheel & Barrow" (??? I think) that had lots of coloured stuff. I remember because they had some really nice latte glasses cheap...

Comment

Even looking around while youre in the local supermarket will yeild some results every now and then. I saw some quite diminutive glass cups with steel handle, joined via a circlet encompassing the base of the cup. And this at the local Woolies, eh? They looked good, but I only had cash enough for what I was there for...DAMN! Will have to see if theyre still there hey?

Obviously, Woolies isnt the prime location of coffee shopping...but it pays to keep an eye out. Or frustrates...whatever...

Cheers - boingk

Comment

Wheel & Barrow have them, 200ml cups.

I got some the other day.

(i didnt know the conversion so i went and measured it out ounce by ounce with a shot glass!!)

There are a couple of styles on their webpage. I got the coffee cup extreme... i was looking at
                some wedgwood cups, and these are exactly the same, design and fine bone china - just not the
                price!!

I was very happy with them!!

goodluck

karen

Comment

Jetblack Espresso have 160ml ACF listed as in stock on their web site. That makes them about 5.5 fl oz depending on US or Imperial measures.

Comment

Hmmm, very nice. Not white either

Theres hope for us non-white crockery people after all!

BTW, does anyone else get an error with they try to look at the Wheel & Barrow "cups and saucers" page?

Comment

Originally posted by simone link=1215406752/0#9 date=1216393580
                      BTW, does anyone else get an error with they try to look at the Wheel & Barrow "cups and saucers" page?
                      Yep.... Looks like it might be related to some sort of Database issue,

Mal.

Comment

Ah -- they fixed it.

And wadda ya know -- theyre all white >

Comment

Hi Simone,

I can tell you that we have

Brown, black and white ACF tulip cappuccino cups in stock. In the brown, I think we only have 1 set left.

Are you in Melbourne? Pop down in to the showroom (First Pour) and say hi to Vince during the week. Hell be happy to take care of you...otherwise I work on Saturday.

Regards,

DS

Comment

Hi David,

thats a lovely idea -- itd be great just to browse, even though when I say "not white" what I really mean is "colorful", which is seemingly a bit more difficult at the moment. The closest Ive seen on-line to what I have in mind are some of the more colorful Illy cups -- waaay out of my price range!

Do love the shape of the "tulip" cups though.

Dont suppose ACF have any plans to branch out into "arty" tulip-shaped cups...?

Comment

ACF have lots of different colours on their catalogue. But they are special order as no one is really willing to get a whole massive order of pastel colours like orange and blue etc. The reason why black, white and brown are usually in stock at most places is because they are traditional cafe wear and barista competition cups.

Hope that answers your question.

DS

Comment

Working...
                              X