Tamper for Krups non-pres baskets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamper for Krups non-pres baskets...

I know, I know I could send one off to get a custom tamper but given I probably will have a machine with 58mm baskets soon enough I cant really justify spending >$100 now and then another $100+ later...

If someone could suggest an off-the-shelf tamper than fits the Krups non pressurised baskets that people (myself included) are using in the lower end Sunbeam machines that would be most appreciated. The tamper I have is not a great fit and I think is starting to become the limitation on quality .. which is good I guess because I think its no longer me

Thanks, any help is much appreciated!!

Re: Tamper for Krups non-pres baskets...

Theyre not all the same unfortunately, as weve found over time. But a 51mm is about the closest youll be able to get - if you can find one that is, its not a very common size in aftermarket tampers as there is are relatively few below 55mm and theres no standard.

Alternatively, one tamper manufacturer I know of (I know them quite well actually... ) will give you a trade-in on your old tamper base when the time comes to upgrade so you can to a point have your cake and eat it.

Greg

Comment

Re: Tamper for Krups non-pres baskets...

Originally posted by ozzyaaron link=1218101506/0#0 date=1218101505
      If someone could suggest an off-the-shelf tamper than fits the Krups non pressurised baskets that people (myself included) are using in the lower end Sunbeam machines that would be most appreciated.!
      Ive sent you a PM re this Aaron.
      Cheers, Anthony

Comment

Working...
      X