Clear All

• Thundergod
    replied
    Re:  The (Coffee Machine) Collectors Thread

Thats a gem.

Leave a comment:

• sorrentina
    replied
    Re: ( The (Coffee Machine) Collectors Thread )

and another view:

Leave a comment:

• sorrentina
    started a topic The (Coffee Equipment) Collectors Thread

The (Coffee Equipment) Collectors Thread

I thought I would start a thread about collecting vintage coffee machines.

As a keen collector of (mostly) small Italian domestic coffee makers I am always on the lookout for the next wonderful little machine.  

I hope this thread will be a place where people can share images, ideas and opinions on the very best of vintage coffee making machinery. I will get started with a few images from of one of my favourite machines:

the first one to kick of this thread is the ultra-rare Baby Faemina- this little gem is the mother of the modern Presso machine. Mine is complete but unfortunately the main piston seal has shrunk a little and I can not test it out. If anyone has any idea about how to make my own seal- or source one- send me a message. The original is very specific to this machine- I can post images of the piston and seal- I was wondering if I could mould one in silicon from the original?

The machine lacks the clever valve system of the modern Presso- on the Baby you fill the Porta Filter with coffee: then boiling water on top (separated by a small filter/tamper plate)- tricky at best- but for sheer atomic age style- it is an absolute classic-:

Here it is:

"The Baby Faemina"

Working...
X